Towplane bounces around. Uneven runway?

Moderators: Uros, OXO

Kekelekou

Towplane bounces around. Uneven runway?

Post by Kekelekou » Wed Feb 22, 2023 1:42 pm

Hello!

I am ironing out the last remaining bugs before releasing the Airfield Improvement Package for my Räyskälä WGC2014 scenery, and I am facing one issue that I can not solve : when on the ground and taxing into towing position, the towplane bounces around, as if the runway surface were uneven.
What is also weird is that this happens only on the new secondary runways I have been adding to the airfields. The main ones are perfectly fine, as the ones from other landscapes (default Slovenia and AA2).
So the question boils down to : what defines the boundaries of the flat, hard surface? Is it the height map, or the runway dimensions from the landscape editor, or the size of the airport G.c3D file? I have tried to alter all these, but to no avail. The asphalt box is kicked for all runways by the way.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

maymar

Re: Towplane bounces around. Uneven runway?

Post by maymar » Wed Feb 22, 2023 6:35 pm

Did you add Grass surface that is beyond runway boundary?

The secondary runway (if you add it as a second strip/airfield) probably is not recognized as surface of first airfield (or maybe i'm wrong :? )

Can you post picture of your ground layer (Grass, asphalt)

Kekelekou

Post by Kekelekou » Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:55 am

Hello Maymar!

Thanks for your input! As I opened the xxxG.c3d files to take a screenshot, I noticed that the polygons were named asphalt_plane. I had forgotten to rename both object and mesh in Blender. :roll:
After the mesh being named asphalt too (and expanded sideways), the bounce has dispparead completely since Condor can now understand what this poly is for.
Mission accomplished!

Xavier

Post by Xavier » Thu Feb 23, 2023 11:46 am

An undocumented way to get a large smooth area on an airport surface, keeping the underneath natural patches textures of the scenery

Have a look to this airport C3d file:

PH1.png

You can see asphalt paints and frangible markers, and no grass on the ground.

But the C3D file indicates that Grass exists, but the grass is not visible.

To do that:
The grass is a flat polygon as wide as you want, until the limits of the airport, and use muck and make the grass texture in Gimp or PhotoShop (i.e. grass1_muck.png) fully transparent.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
*****- Xavier - (XDL - VR FAN) *****

Kekelekou

Post by Kekelekou » Thu Feb 23, 2023 11:57 am

Salut Xavier !

I added the secondary runways exactly as what you describe : the whole asphalt polygon is "covered" with a transparent muck texture.