NW Montana landscape - Seeley Lake issue

Moderators: Uros, OXO, JBr

Paul_UK

NW Montana landscape - Seeley Lake issue

Post by Paul_UK » Tue Nov 01, 2022 9:31 pm

Seeley Lake airport has an issue, though it only becomes apparent when flying the task in multiplayer. I see there is also an issue with another airport, Schafer USFS, as per the thread below. I think this may also be a similar issue.

viewtopic.php?f=37&t=20618&p=175134&hil ... na#p175134

Something is incorrect with the physical ground level compared to where Condor thinks the ground level is, but only in multiplayer.

I set an airborne start of 4200 feet. Offline this starts you 4200 feet AGL. In multiplayer though this starts you in / underground as it starts you at 4200 QNH. This also explains the odd cloudbase heights as they don't appear to be AGL from the startpoint airfield either. So I assume there is a height map or similar and this differs to what we physically are seeing on our screens.
2018 - Silver Badge complete - Forgot I could claim for the 100km diploma flying an out and return :oops:
2019 - Get up to speed and aim for a 300km task?! maybe.....

Re: NW Montana landscape - Seeley Lake issue

Post by 6266 » Wed Nov 02, 2022 6:42 am

When creating a new airport, the default altitude is 0. It's easy to forget to change it. I have had the issue with the clouds on a new landscape, airport altidtude set to 0, but the airport is IRL more than 2000 m high. The clouds were direct on the ground. Changing the altitude in LandscapeEditor, the clouds were correct.

I bet that's the issue with that airport too (I don't have the landscape). You can see it in LandscapeEditor, but if you change it, you can't use this landsape in multiplayer, you will get a "modified landscape" error. It has to be fixed and updated from the landscape creator.

EDIT: Interesting, you can't see the issue in the flight planner. To the left the altitude from LandscapeEditor, to the right the altitude/elevation in flight planner
altitude.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Visit https://www.baleit.no

Vintage Series 24, The Journey
26 landscapes with free available textures, newest: AlpsW

Discord https://discord.gg/bAXJaRT6ZC

JLN

Post by JLN » Wed Nov 02, 2022 11:08 am

Hello,

I did the task VSC_NWM_Seeley_176km_20m off line as I could not have in line( bad flight but finished..) and had no problem with the start at Seeley lake. But effectively the airport is at 0 in the landscape editor, and 1289m in the flight plan.

Paul_UK

Post by Paul_UK » Wed Nov 02, 2022 8:29 pm

Aerotow or winch only from that airport then for the time being!
2018 - Silver Badge complete - Forgot I could claim for the 100km diploma flying an out and return :oops:
2019 - Get up to speed and aim for a 300km task?! maybe.....