Condor does not see WestGermany landscape!

Moderators: Uros, OXO, JBr

kabouter_plons

Condor does not see WestGermany landscape!

Post by kabouter_plons » Wed May 26, 2021 11:10 am

Hello Condor pilots,

I use various landscapes without any problem. However, now that I have installed WestGermany3 it cannot be found in the landscape list in Condor 2. I have tried both the SD and the HD version and both do not work.

I use symbolic links where the landscape file is on another HDD. 12 Landscapes work without any problems, but WestGermay3 is therefore not seen by Condor

After this problem I downloaded a very small landscape to test and it works fine.

Anyone have any idea what's going wrong here?

Thanks,
Fer

wickid

Re: Condor does not see WestGermany landscape!

Post by wickid » Wed May 26, 2021 5:51 pm

Use condor updater to download.

You probably messed up the filestructure.
PH-1504, KOE

kabouter_plons

Post by kabouter_plons » Thu May 27, 2021 2:12 pm

Condor updater is nothing more than a tool that extracts the file and dumps it in your designated place. The intention is that it offers an easy method for laymen.

I have already downloaded both the SD and HD version again and also unzipped with both unzip and 7Zip (recommended) so it does not seem realistic to me that in all those attempts it would have gone wrong. Moreover, the 12 previous landscapes worked without any problems using this method.
In the meantime I have also downloaded the UHD version (unpacked 203GB!) And it also works without any problems ......

However, I don't want to waste 203 GB on a landscape which is barely (visibly) better than the HD so it will be removed again. However, it proves that the method works and so those other versions should work too ...

Fer

Jan Oorthuijsen

Post by Jan Oorthuijsen » Thu May 27, 2021 9:39 pm

Hey,

Here is a screenshot of what the Folders should look like.
There must be something wrong with folder structure.
I downloaded this scenery with the updater and it works perfectly.
Both Wiek and I have been active on Condor for some years now and a lot topics have already been started about problems with unpacking the scenerys. (Condor 1 forum)
The Updater is specially designed to avoid these problems and the are gone since than.

So step down off your mushroom and give it a try :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
PH-722
WW
It’s Difficult to Soar Like An Eagle
When You’re surrounded By Turkeys

Wingtip59

Post by Wingtip59 » Wed Jun 09, 2021 2:57 am

i am having the same exact issue. i have unzipped it exactly as i have for all other landscapes and they all work perfect except westgermany3. So please explain how to use the condor updater to unzip a landscape zip file???? I would like to be able to use this since it took so long to download it from just one seeder. and my files look just like the ones above.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wingtip59

Post by Wingtip59 » Wed Jun 09, 2021 5:50 am

according to the condor club website that i was forced to go register at to use the condor downloader, it states the hd version filesize should be 53.63gb uncompressed but my folder uncompressed shows 53.5gb. So apparently im missing some files. I downloaded from https://skylinescondor.com/landscapes

Wingtip59

Post by Wingtip59 » Wed Jun 09, 2021 5:02 pm

To the original poster, problem Solved. After unzipping to your landscapes folder. You must rename the Main folder "WestGermany3HD" to "WestGermany3". Then it will work. This is not user error. This is a file naming issue from whoever zipped it. Mine now works.

kabouter_plons

Post by kabouter_plons » Tue Aug 17, 2021 5:01 pm

Sorry for my late response. Thanks for your solution.
Very good found! I'm going to try it right away.

Edit: Great job! It does indeed work. 1000 times thanks

Fer