Thanks for issuing Scenery California

Moderators: Uros, OXO, JBr

ebkollgaard

Thanks for issuing Scenery California

Post by ebkollgaard » Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:07 am

Many thanks to dgtfer and all who worked on the Scenery , California. It is really great. Now I can fly the Sierra as it would appear in late Spring and using SoCal and Truckee, i can fly and see it in Early Autumn. It takes me back to when I backpacked all over the region.
I appreciate the work of these scenery designers.
Eric

dgtfer

Re: Thanks for issuing Scenery California

Post by dgtfer » Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:02 am

Thank you Eric!

emotodude

Post by emotodude » Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:34 pm

Thank you SOOO much for this scenery. I can finally fly in my favorite slope in the world at Waddell Creek. There is a tiny private airstrip right on the coast used by hang glider and RC pilots called Las Trancas airport. I would very much like to help get it added but I know nothing about map/scenery editing. Is there any way I can make this happen?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icGS8grvNHg

emotodude

Post by emotodude » Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:59 am

So excited to try this scenery but my elevator doesn't work?

Rotareneg

Post by Rotareneg » Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:46 am

That generally means some file for the scenery (not counting textures) is corrupted or otherwise different than it's supposed to be, you might try reinstalling the main files.

emotodude

Post by emotodude » Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:17 am

I'm using the Condor Updater. I removed and re-installed with same results. Any chance a manual install would be different?

Bre901

Post by Bre901 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:16 am

emotodude wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:17 am
I'm using the Condor Updater. I removed and re-installed with same results. Any chance a manual install would be different?
You should indeed try it
Go to the Condor-Club Landscapes page: https://www.condor-club.eu/sceneries/197/

Download the main CA file = the top one in the list, link under "California C2 (CA)"
Save it in the Condor2\Landscapes folder, it should be named CaliforniaC2_main.7z
Then right-click on the file and select "7-Zip/extract here" (accept all overwrites)

In any case there is no need to remove and download the textures again
CN: MPT — CondorUTill webpage: https://condorutill.fr/

dgtfer

Post by dgtfer » Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:11 am

emotodude wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:59 am
So excited to try this scenery but my elevator doesn't work?
I'm so sorry about it, but I've found I've done a mistake in packing the scenery!!!

There is a bug in the Heightmaps of Bonny Doon and Lofty Redwoods airports.
This bug will affect you only if you are flying near these airports. (see the BugZone map below)

Two .tr3 files have been lately modified but were not inside the scenery when I recalculated the hash files.
I will send a patch with the new CA.fha and CA.tha files to Condor Club very soon, but this means a new version CA 1.1, not compatible with CA 1.0.

Of course, I can use this patch to include Las Trancas airport too. (But it has to be tested first)
CA-BugZone.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

dgtfer

Post by dgtfer » Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:45 am

emotodude wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:34 pm
Thank you SOOO much for this scenery. I can finally fly in my favorite slope in the world at Waddell Creek. There is a tiny private airstrip right on the coast used by hang glider and RC pilots called Las Trancas airport. I would very much like to help get it added but I know nothing about map/scenery editing. Is there any way I can make this happen?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icGS8grvNHg
Thank you for your support and your donation Gabriel!
Las Trancas will be a very delicate airfield, but winch is possible, and even towing with good conditions. It will be included in the patch 1.1:
Las-Trancas.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

emotodude

Post by emotodude » Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:18 am

Las Trancas looks amazing! Dream come true for me. You can float a brick off the slope when the wind is hitting right.