Legacy Question: One final hurdle.

Moderators: Uros, OXO, JBr

M Pompian

Legacy Question: One final hurdle.

Post by M Pompian » Wed May 20, 2020 12:13 am

Hi All,

I need to reconstruct two airports on my recently released Condor1 map of New England in order to upload a much improved patch that includes new thermal and forest maps. One airport is of critical need to a club using it for training until the Condor2 version is released.

I have reconstructed most of the process, but one final hurdle remains. It appears that I need to create 4K square .dds texture files from the texture mapped models and I cannot remember (after the intervening four years) how I accomplished that. The one utility that I no longer have and is apparently no longer available for download is APTCNDR. I don't remember exactly what it offered, but the NVIDIA .dds converter is not creating the required files. Additionally, it does not look like either Sketchup nor Wings3D manage this process, which I've used as part of Maddin91's tutorial.

For the record, my .bmp textures do show up on objects, but are not correctly placed in Condor and all of the existing textures in my /world/textures folder for other the xxxxO.cx and xxxxG.cx objects are in the 4K .ddr format. :?

If anyone has any clues, I would be deeply appreciative.

Thanks and Happy Soaring!

M. Pompian

Reg.#: N1953MP
Comp.#: AVA

Capricorne

Re: Legacy Question: One final hurdle.

Post by Capricorne » Wed May 20, 2020 8:13 am

M Pompian wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 12:13 am
Hi All,

I need to reconstruct two airports on my recently released Condor1 map of New England in order to upload a much improved patch that includes new thermal and forest maps. One airport is of critical need to a club using it for training until the Condor2 version is released.

I have reconstructed most of the process, but one final hurdle remains. It appears that I need to create 4K square .dds texture files from the texture mapped models and I cannot remember (after the intervening four years) how I accomplished that. The one utility that I no longer have and is apparently no longer available for download is APTCNDR. I don't remember exactly what it offered, but the NVIDIA .dds converter is not creating the required files. Additionally, it does not look like either Sketchup nor Wings3D manage this process, which I've used as part of Maddin91's tutorial.

For the record, my .bmp textures do show up on objects, but are not correctly placed in Condor and all of the existing textures in my /world/textures folder for other the xxxxO.cx and xxxxG.cx objects are in the 4K .ddr format. :?

If anyone has any clues, I would be deeply appreciative.

Thanks and Happy Soaring!

M. Pompian
Hi,
the "NVIDIA Texture Tools" https://developer.nvidia.com/nvidia-tex ... s-exporter can do this. As Plugin for Adobe Photoshop or standalone Application ( have only tested the plugin!) GIMP 2.10.18 can native do it also
Capricorne - S67

M Pompian

Post by M Pompian » Thu May 21, 2020 12:23 am

Thanks Capricorne-S67,

I did find that thanks!
What I was looking for was APTCNDR and I have been directed to it here on the forum.
I also spent $8 for Gimp "Ultimate" and it's worth every penny.

And now the really last problem is ground object collision on takeoff.

If you happen to know.... ;)

otherwise back to the anvil.

Thanks!

M. Pompian

Capricorne

Post by Capricorne » Thu May 21, 2020 7:02 pm

M Pompian wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 12:23 am
Thanks Capricorne-S67,

I did find that thanks!
What I was looking for was APTCNDR and I have been directed to it here on the forum.
I also spent $8 for Gimp "Ultimate" and it's worth every penny.

And now the really last problem is ground object collision on takeoff.

If you happen to know.... ;)

otherwise back to the anvil.

Thanks!

M. Pompian
Hi Pompian,
I did'n understand that you where looking for AptCFndrX..!?This can be found on "Lurik's" page :http://www.lurik.fr/CondorScenery/00-Ou ... Outils.htm last 3 tools on the main page, these are different version, don't know what you have or need...!!
But all Lurik's tools are Condor1 tools !! Have not try to use them for Condor2, .cx files can possibly be converted to .c3 with Object Converter...?? don't know if that work..? ! ?
for the other problem " ground object collision on takeoff."have no idea ,is the problem explained some where..?
Capricorne - S67

M Pompian

Post by M Pompian » Fri May 22, 2020 1:28 am

Thanks so much!

I don't know how I missed them. Necessary to do much of anything with airports in Condor1.

Yes, I watched the "Making airports with Wings3D" tutorial, and the stages that take forever in Condor1 no longer exist.
They have made it so much easier, and I'm sure the quality of the scenery reflects that.

Since I have relearned the tools, I want to do a nice job finishing this one, but it will be my one and only Condor1 map.
I'm not sure if I have the focus to try a Condor2 map, but never say never.

All of my issues are resolved, and my map is looking good and nearing completion.

Once more, thanks Capricorne S-67!

M. Pompian

Capricorne

Post by Capricorne » Fri May 22, 2020 7:51 pm

HI, if you can read french..? You can read an old discussion about "AptCndr" here:http://www.condorsim.fr/communaute/topic8462.html
10year old now.. :( ..!!
Capricorne - S67

M Pompian

Post by M Pompian » Sat May 23, 2020 11:01 pm

Thanks Capricorne,

I'm now ready to make my map beautiful with APTCNDR, but am struggling with the input info for the first page!

I think I need to calculate the meters per pixel from Lat./Long. distance in my image (no idea).

If you happen to find any English discussion of this matter, that would be great.

Again, thanks for anything you happen to run across, I will keep working at it.

I've made it this far. :)

M. Pompian