DDS batch conversion tool?

Moderators: Uros, OXO, JBr

congo

DDS batch conversion tool?

Post by congo » Mon May 18, 2020 6:52 pm

Hi,
I want to try to add saturation and red hue to some of my scenery textures, as I feel they are way too washed out and green hued.

I tried Irfanview, but it doesn't seem to output .dds, even though it can add saturation and hues in other formats.

Is there a batch converter that will do this?
t9834.jpg
t9834b.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

solidxsnake

Re: DDS batch conversion tool?

Post by solidxsnake » Sun May 31, 2020 4:23 pm

GIMP should do what you need. It supports .dds correctly out of the box, and also supports macros.

danpal

Post by danpal » Sun May 31, 2020 7:51 pm

Bonjour,
J'utilise Photoshop pour ce genre de boulot.

:D

bluefang

Post by bluefang » Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:15 am

Any photo editing app should be able to accomplish this - including GIMP and Photoshop... however, I am not sure color correction is something you would want to automate.

Photoshop has several "auto" adjustments, including "Auto Tone", "Auto Contrast" and "Auto Color" - however, in my experience they don't work as well as getting your hands dirty and tweaking color values by hand.

I usually have my base image on a layer and then add a Brightness / Contrast adjustment layer, a Color Balance adjustment layer, and a Curves adjustment layer. The adjustment layers are simply controls that let you make adjustments in a non-destructive manner.

I would say, give the "Auto" adjustments in Photoshop a try - yo might be happy with the results. But if you want all of your tiles to be consistent, you will probably have to spend quite a bit of time manually editing each tile.

With the aerial imagery I used, there were tiles which were taken at different time periods and maybe even different camera than other tiles, and trying to get everything color corrected was a nightmare.

Good luck!

Get my scenery on condor.club: RDU-USA (Raleigh/Durham area of NC)