Australia Sceneries in progress

Moderators: Uros, OXO, JBr

VH-EEE

Australia Sceneries in progress

Post by VH-EEE » Sun May 10, 2020 9:26 am

Hi all,
Just wondering what Australian scenery's are currently being worked on .

Just a post of progress and people not doubling up doing the same scenery .

Thanks in advance

jwharington2

Re: Australia Sceneries in progress

Post by jwharington2 » Sun May 10, 2020 10:03 pm

I'm nearly finished preparing NE Victoria.

VH-EEE

Post by VH-EEE » Mon May 11, 2020 2:51 am

Nice , i,m just learning scenery .
Thanks for the update , will be good for the Australian gliding scene and clubs may get on board using the local scenery for training .

Alanm

Post by Alanm » Sat May 16, 2020 12:19 am

I am working on Narromine. You will be able to fly from Keepit to NAR. Still early stages.

jwharington2

Post by jwharington2 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:49 pm

Hi all,

I am in the process of uploading three new Australian sceneries to Condor Club: North East Victoria, South East Victoria, and West Victoria.

Descriptions as follows:

-----
North East Victoria, Australia

Based on operations from the Gliding Club of Victoria in Benalla, Australia, this region offers a scenic mix of mountain and flatland
flying. GCV has twice hosted World Gliding Championships.

This Landscape pack uses a combination of ultra-high and high resolution textures and a massive number of 3d objects including buildings,
fences, overhead power lines and livestock throughout --- all based on actual databases. The region spans 368 x 368 km, and has 39 airfields.

-----
West Victoria, Australia

Based on operations from Horsham in West Victoria, Australia (home of the popular Horsham Week Coaching and Competition events), this region features flat land flying extending from lush pastoral fields in the south, to desert in the north.

This Landscape pack uses a combination of ultra-high and high resolution textures and a massive number of 3d objects including buildings, fences, overhead power lines and livestock throughout --- all based on actual databases. The region spans 276 x 368 km, and has 15 airfields.

-----
South East Victoria, Australia

Based on operations from Leongatha in South East Victoria, Australia, this region features a scenic variety of terrain from built-up areas
on Melbourne's outskirts, to heavily forested mountains along the great dividing range, rolling pastoral hills extending to ocean
beaches.

The Landscape pack uses a combination of ultra-high and high resolution textures and a massive number of 3d objects including buildings,
fences, overhead power lines and livestock throughout --- all based on actual databases. The region spans 253 x 207 km, and has 10 airfields.

Sprunga

Post by Sprunga » Fri Jul 24, 2020 4:59 am

Thank you for the Victorian Scenery. I learnt to glide at Horsham so I'm very keen to have a look at that! Are they still uploading?

Cheers

Sprunga

jwharington2

Post by jwharington2 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:07 am

Yes still uploading, but PM me and I'll send you a link to a download on google drive.

jwharington2

Post by jwharington2 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:36 am

All three Victorian sceneries are available on condor-club.eu now.

Some statistics for those interested in the details, for NE Victoria region:

Size (km): 368.64 368.64
Buildings: 71412 items
Fences: 387117 km
Livestock: 356641 animals
Wind turbines: 0
Comms masts: 96
Low voltage power: 50944 poles/towers, 25897 km
Medium voltage power: 1977 poles/towers, 4138 km
High voltage power: 196 poles/towers, 2042 km
Airfields: 40

Sprunga

Post by Sprunga » Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:50 am

I have downloaded Western Victoria as you know. Great scenery and great detail. I even found the holiday cottages my Parents built in Halls Gap with correct positioning of the buildings! Very impressive.!

Roger Lavers

Post by Roger Lavers » Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:42 am

I have made several attempts to follow the tutorial so I could make scenery for the New England region of New South Wales.
When I learnt to glide back in the early 70's I lived in Armidale. I was a teacher, Ian McPhee was a student teacher and Brad Edwards was a student at Armidale High School. The latter two certainly made the most of their gliding expertise.
A few years after I left Armidale the gliding club moved to Lake Keepit.
If no one else is working on this area I'll persevere. I'm now living in Campbelltown, NSW, and if anyone living in the Sydney area has succeded in making scenery I would appreciate help to get me on the right track.

jwharington2

Post by jwharington2 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 2:04 pm

Alby and I have commenced work on West Australia. It will follow the same style and level of detail as our Victorian sceneries (buildings, powerlines, fences, livestock etc). PM me if you would like to be involved in testing.

MrHerisson

Post by MrHerisson » Tue Aug 18, 2020 5:01 pm

Roger Lavers wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:42 am
I have made several attempts to follow the tutorial so I could make scenery for the New England region of New South Wales.
When I learnt to glide back in the early 70's I lived in Armidale. I was a teacher, Ian McPhee was a student teacher and Brad Edwards was a student at Armidale High School. The latter two certainly made the most of their gliding expertise.
A few years after I left Armidale the gliding club moved to Lake Keepit.
If no one else is working on this area I'll persevere. I'm now living in Campbelltown, NSW, and if anyone living in the Sydney area has succeded in making scenery I would appreciate help to get me on the right track.
There is a New south wales map on Condor club...don't know if it covers the area you're interested in but itis a nice scenery.

PS there is a map of all sceneries available on Condor Club....(on Condor Club)

daveboulter

Post by daveboulter » Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:01 am

Hi all,

I originally started trying to figure out if we could get landscapes done for the rest of NSW as they used to be there in Condor 1 and I could not see any for Condor2. I found Alan M's and then later we found John's Vic scenery creeping up into NSW. I asked one of club's members who has been very active on Condor to see if there were any developers working on this.

In the meantime I contacted NSW Gliding to see if we could get some funding to accelerate landscapes for Condor across NSW. A lot of us have been in various stages of lockdown and not flying and we all know how great it is to fly in our favourite spots.

The good news is NSW Gliding has dollars to spend on this as it is a great training tool.

This thread has been the most comprehensive in reaching out to the community focused on NSW.

I have been authorised by the NSW Gliding Committee to seek out individuals interested in completing the mapping of NSW and who are also interested in fostering a community of pilots to help build scenery in the future if and when Condor upgrades again.

Of course, some may like to continue on as is and that is greatly appreciated by all of us. I certainly dont want to insult any efforts and if dollars are not going to help then no problem. But if you guys, as a community could use any funding to accelerate the process it is there.

If interested, I can be contacted off list on d.boulter42@gmail.com 0417 705 997

Thanks and Regards
Dave Boulter

Fang2020

Post by Fang2020 » Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:27 am

Thanks guys for the work on west vic!
Complete a re run on my late 80s 500k milk run triangle today.😁
I did set it up with strong conditions and low Northly wind! Diana 2 fully ballasted up! ( fly with dumped 1 minute of water makes handling much better!)
Its been twenty years, but some practice and learning of sim, but managed 118km/hr speed
Best I've ever done!🙂 sim and IRL!😁

Sprunga

Post by Sprunga » Wed Dec 09, 2020 12:02 pm

Fang2020 wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:27 am
Thanks guys for the work on west vic!
Complete a re run on my late 80s 500k milk run triangle today.😁
I did set it up with strong conditions and low Northly wind! Diana 2 fully ballasted up! ( fly with dumped 1 minute of water makes handling much better!)
Its been twenty years, but some practice and learning of sim, but managed 118km/hr speed
Best I've ever done!🙂 sim and IRL!😁
Is this Rolf?