Fang2020

Re: Australia Sceneries in progress

Post by Fang2020 » Wed Dec 30, 2020 1:23 pm

You bet ya! :D

iotechbits

Post by iotechbits » Fri Sep 02, 2022 8:39 am

Gday guys

I am from the Cunderdin, Beverley and Narrogin Gliding club has anyone got a landscape scenery option to install for WAs South west region?
I see the one on the condor club website but cannot download it.
States all available slots are currently in use.

Post by 6266 » Fri Sep 02, 2022 4:50 pm

Try it here https://skylinescondor.com/landscapes or pay for the premium membership in CC
Visit https://www.baleit.no

Vintage Series 24, The Journey
25 landscapes with free available textures, newest: Maine

Discord https://discord.gg/bAXJaRT6ZC

AndyJD

Post by AndyJD » Wed Mar 01, 2023 11:56 am

Is anyone else having trouble loading the NEVictoria landscape? For me, on two machines running windows 11, when you start a flight it gets up to the point of “loading ground objects”, where is sits crunching away for about 2 minutes before condor crashes unceremoniously.

Thanks to Bret who suggested trying removing all the “cc” files in the objects folder. The app loads now, but not surprisingly most of the ground details are now lost.

Does anyone know why these landscapes are so large compared to others, and is this a problem only I am having?

Cheers,

Andy

Andy1248

Post by Andy1248 » Wed Mar 01, 2023 2:36 pm

deleted
Condor CN = E20

Sprunga

Post by Sprunga » Thu Mar 02, 2023 1:59 am

AndyJD wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2023 11:56 am
Is anyone else having trouble loading the NEVictoria landscape? For me, on two machines running windows 11, when you start a flight it gets up to the point of “loading ground objects”, where is sits crunching away for about 2 minutes before condor crashes unceremoniously.

Thanks to Bret who suggested trying removing all the “cc” files in the objects folder. The app loads now, but not surprisingly most of the ground details are now lost.

Does anyone know why these landscapes are so large compared to others, and is this a problem only I am having?

Cheers,

Andy
I really don't know but I'm assuming the size of these landscapes are larger because of all of the objects. There are power lines and fences over the entire area and a lot of buildings. I have western Victoria at the moment and I don't have any issues. I might download NE Vic as well now that I have some hard drive space (ditched MSFS!!!) and I'll let you know.

eRock

Post by eRock » Thu Mar 02, 2023 6:29 am

NEVictoria:: I have no issue at all so far and was competing with a team, up to 14/15 members, back in 2020/21/22? and no one has PC crashes while did remember few saying low frame rate.
cheers

Bre901

Post by Bre901 » Thu Mar 02, 2023 11:10 am

I have flown once on NEVictoria2 (2020) and I had noticed that it was terribly slow to load and I experienced low FPS in the regions with many objects (I had and old Core i5 and a GeForce 1050 Ti at the time).

I have uninstalled it since then so I can't tell if my current (better) configuration works better
CN: MPT — CondorUTill webpage: https://condorutill.fr/

AndyJD

Post by AndyJD » Fri Mar 03, 2023 12:54 am

I wonder if anyone knows which objects are which so we can do some sensible filtering of them to make it work more smoothly (in some cases at all). Whilst having powerlines in the scenery is super cool, its probably not necessary for everyone :)

eRock

Post by eRock » Fri Mar 03, 2023 7:25 am

While never tried myself, TexturesReducer popped many many times on similar treads before in relation to slow frame rate I've read.

https://www.condor.club/i/TexturesReducer_Setup.exe

Bre901

Post by Bre901 » Fri Mar 03, 2023 10:32 am

eRock wrote:
Fri Mar 03, 2023 7:25 am
While never tried myself, TexturesReducer popped many many times on similar treads before in relation to slow frame rate I've read.

https://www.condor.club/i/TexturesReducer_Setup.exe
It's definitely not a texture issue as the major problem is the loading time, frame rate issues are secondary
The problem is clearly identified as due to objects
CN: MPT — CondorUTill webpage: https://condorutill.fr/

dgtfer

Post by dgtfer » Fri Mar 03, 2023 12:20 pm

I've installed NEVictoria2 just to have a closer look.
This scenery is very interesting.
Their authors have adopted an original method for their massive object insertion, quite different than that I used on AA2.
They have generated, from an OSM or similar source, more than 6000 tiled objects, grouping an enormous amount of buildings, fences, and electric lines. All these tiled objects are different and identified by their naming.
That method has some advantages that reduce the load for the computer when in flight. But as Condor 2 loads all these objects at the start, it needs a lot of time.
The overall weight of the scenery is due to the 1.4 mmp standard resolution and the DXT5 coding of all the textures. The objects themselves do not impact this weight significantly.

AndyJD

Post by AndyJD » Sat Mar 04, 2023 2:39 pm

dgtfer wrote:
Fri Mar 03, 2023 12:20 pm
Their authors have adopted an original method for their massive object insertion, quite different than that I used on AA2.
They have generated, from an OSM or similar source, more than 6000 tiled objects, grouping an enormous amount of buildings, fences, and electric lines. All these tiled objects are different and identified by their naming.
Are these the cc* .c3d files? I couldn’t detect a naming pattern that would help me identify which objects were which. I’ve been playing around deleting random subsets of these however either it continues to crash, or w hen it does work it ends up largely without objects

Do you have any insight on which ones I can potentially delete?

dgtfer

Post by dgtfer » Sat Mar 04, 2023 5:31 pm

AndyJD wrote:
Sat Mar 04, 2023 2:39 pm
dgtfer wrote:
Fri Mar 03, 2023 12:20 pm
Are these the cc* .c3d files? I couldn’t detect a naming pattern that would help me identify which objects were which. I’ve been playing around deleting random subsets of these however either it continues to crash, or when it does work it ends up largely without objects

Do you have any insight on which ones I can potentially delete?
I didn't search more precisely but, as all these objects are named ccXX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX_ns.c3d, I guess the 16 X digits are coding each tile position representing 8 bytes in hex code.
If you want to search further it should be easy to use Landscape Editor and a hex-editor to find the correspondence between the object position and the code.
But that shouldn't be necessary. You can just use LE to delete the objects you don't want, In places where you don't intend to go for example, and to save the scenery. That shouldn't compromise the compatibility of your scenery for online flights. (Of course, it's better to have a backup copy, just in case!).
The loading time will be reduced according to the number of objects you remove.
But maybe you can also use an SSD for your scenery storage, the loading time is much shorter than with a Hard Drive...

Stripeydog

Post by Stripeydog » Thu May 04, 2023 10:33 am

I'm having the same problem, both in single-player free flight and when hosting a multiplayer sesh.
Damned annoying as it's almost our backyard - the Tasmanian Sketchy Paragliding Squad are getting frustrated...
:shock: