CUP file oddities...

Moderators: Uros, OXO, JBr

wrinkledm

CUP file oddities...

Post by wrinkledm » Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:36 pm

Having overcome most if not all the challenges with building scenery from scratch, I've run into an issue I can't solve. When I started this scenery build a week ago, I used our club's standard contest CUP file. I didn't modify it at all and it never bothered me that only turn points displayed in both the landscape editor and in Condor soaring's Free flight interface. (None of the airfield turn points showed) Now that I'm nearing the end of the build I thought that this morning I would update the cup file to come in line with how Condor likes to see the data. I've basically mirrored the original Slovenia CUP file format dropping several fields like the runway length, description, etc... and converted everything to meters. So, success... well sort of.

Now when I load the Landscape editor all the entries in the cup file show up just fine. :) Win!!! I've completely re-exported the scenery "except THE terrain textures" but for some reason when I launch Condor Soaring, I still see only the turn points and not the other entries in the CUP file. All the entries are set to a style of 1.

Any ideas on what the heck I did??? Help!

Dave

wickid

Re: CUP file oddities...

Post by wickid » Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:42 pm

If you open a landscape for the first time it saves a copy of the cup file in mydocuments/condor/turnpoints. After that only that one gets loaded by the simulator and modified if you add turnpoints via the flightplanner in Condor.

Delete it in mydocuments and the new cup will show up.
PH-1504, KOE

wrinkledm

Post by wrinkledm » Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:17 pm

Wicked,

perfect... Thanks that did the trick!

D

brucesailor

Post by brucesailor » Wed Feb 03, 2021 4:12 pm

After spending a couple of days scratching my head, and not thinking to look here :) I finally got some advise to solve it. The documentation that I use is

Condor Landscape Guide – revision 2, November 2019
Jiří Brožek © 2018-2019

If someone could update page 52 "Adding Waypoints" and reissue it I think it would help a lot of people messing with building landscapes. The learning curve is high and sometimes quite frustrating.