acces violation in landscapeEditor

Moderators: Uros, OXO, JBr

Habichtmann

Re: acces violation in landscapeEditor

Post by Habichtmann » Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:03 pm

wickid wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:47 am
You don't need to export your textures unless you changed something in the texture. Airports you add are saved when just saving the landscape in the landscape editor.

If you only changed one texture I recommend using photoshop or Gimp to save it manually not via the landscape editor.
Hi Wickid: Aware that I am becoming a pain in the ......, this information above is definitely not working. In a second attempt from the scratch I just added the airport, saved the LE, started C2 and it ended up in the C2bluescreen saying that the airport is not installed. I am going to execute the other tasks hoping that foresthash will working as well this time....
:arrow:
now way to get this done :(
I followed closely the rules except setting "Yes" instead of "No" in the "export only non-existing DDS textures"- dialog.
export only non-existing DDS text.jpg
Foresthash worked this time. But the result had been just the grey textures except the Lindlartile in free flight preview and then the Bluescreen by pressing start....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Habichtmann

Post by Habichtmann » Thu Apr 16, 2020 1:07 pm

Hello again,
after suffering all the mentioned issues, I deleted WG3 and reinstalled it. Following Maddins advise I made a copy with renaming all the main files in it.
I managed to create two Airports by putting the corresponding bmp.files in the working/textures folder, zooming to their place by turning "drawing textures off" .
I highlighted Airport defined the coordinates etc, saving landscape files, exported terainhash THA- file and everything is working fine now apart from the function "use generic files" in LE, getting the message.
use generic files failed.jpg
I have also used the scenery check tool which is indicating " - Several airports are incomplete". I guess this points to the missing Airport O and G files.
Has anybody an idea what is wrong?
Thank you a lot in advance, H
scenery check 1.jpg
use generic files failed.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Maddin91

Post by Maddin91 » Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:35 pm

The "use generic files" is a relict from CST1 for Condor1, where you could create a standard runway with a small hangar abeam the middle of the strip. This is not available for Condor 2 anymore, although this function is still visible in CST2.

You need to create airport files yourself. This is done either via Wings3D or Blender, using the Airport Creation Guide from Xavier or by using Airport Maker Tool, which at least can create grass runways (optional), markings and a windsock.
Then you will have the required files and scenery check will say all files present.

But even if you don't create runways yourself (or you only create markings but no grass), the airport is still usable if the terrain is flattened. The runway will be bumpy though. This is what I've done in WG3. Markings only, but no grass (except for two airports).
Martin L. | Reg: D-2101 | CN: MAL
Scenery producer - West Germany 3

Habichtmann

Post by Habichtmann » Thu Apr 16, 2020 5:45 pm

Immer wenn Du denkst es geht nicht mehr...
Maddin91 wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:35 pm
The "use generic files" is a relict from CST1 for Condor1, ...This is not available for Condor 2 anymore, although this function is still visible in CST2.
That's really good to now :wink:
Maddin91 wrote:
You need to create airport files yourself. This is done either via Wings3D or Blender, using the Airport Creation Guide from Xavier or by using Airport Maker Tool, which at least can create grass runways (optional), markings and a windsock.
Then you will have the required files and scenery check will say all files present.
Jiri's airportmake- tool seems to be a great thing, I am just reading Xavier's greats guide to get a better understanding. I am approaching EDKN Wipperfürth which has a quite standard RW of 600m....
Maddin91 wrote:
But even if you don't create runways yourself (or you only create markings but no grass), the airport is still usable if the terrain is flattened. The runway will be bumpy though. This is what I've done in WG3. Markings only, but no grass (except for two airports).
....and I have flattened it as required by a lot of testings by aerotow, also according space to a MP storing queue etc. Here the airportmake-tool becomes useful to go on with creating C3D Objects. Last days I spend a lot of time to keep the "unic" character of Lindlar Bergische Röhn airfield. Because of we can't do aerotow there I kept the hilly and inclined surface of the RW. So, If you still want to do aerotow than it looks like this:
Shot256.jpg
Shot258.jpg
to be continued, thank you :D

Maddin91

Post by Maddin91 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:51 pm

Tow planes always taxi, takeoff, land and taxi back at the elevation that they spawn. In your case the terrain beside the runway seems to be higher than the runway itself. This is where the tow plane spawns. It then taxies on that elevation through the air. Same could be the other way around - if the runway is higher than the tow plane spawn area, it will vanish in the ground.
Therefore, there's absolutely no way in Condor to have sloped runways if you want to use aerotow.
Martin L. | Reg: D-2101 | CN: MAL
Scenery producer - West Germany 3

Habichtmann

Post by Habichtmann » Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:02 pm

Good eve to everybody,
here's the next problem and ideas are very much appreciated.
While I can place Objects in the LE and making their textures visible by replacing their texture path via OE (have a look to oaks & windmills), I am not able to do the same with Objects downloaded in Condor assets like eg. RW-markers. The difference is the first are copied from the Slovenia landscape and I could change the texture as it is written in Xaviers Guide, but the Condor Objects haven't a path to replace. Filling the dialog box "replace" and "with" isn't possible and using twice Landscape/WG4/World/Textures/RWmarke doesn't working. The tool "auto add texture path" neither. What to do?
Texc.jpg
c3dtext pfad RW.jpg
Maddin91 wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:51 pm
Tow planes always taxi, takeoff, land and taxi back at the elevation that they spawn. In your case the terrain beside the runway seems to be higher than the runway itself. This is where the tow plane spawns. It then taxies on that elevation through the air. Same could be the other way around - if the runway is higher than the tow plane spawn area, it will vanish in the ground.
Therefore, there's absolutely no way in Condor to have sloped runways if you want to use aerotow.
Pardon Maddin for your effort, but I understood this already. I just wanted to express that I wouldn't change the RW-conditions for getting one which allows aerotowing in game, while in RL we only could dream on :oops:

Good night & thank youse, H

wickid

Post by wickid » Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:59 pm

I made those, The .7z package comes with the block in .obj format and the texture in dds format. You have to point to the right texture path in the object editor. You can edit the path by double clicking in the texture field. The way I have it down here is if the texture is in the same folder as the .c3d object.
Markerblock.jpg
If you want to point to a different folder have a look at the other objects in the westGermany3/world/objects folder how they are pointed to the westgermany3/world/textures folder. For instance the Coolingtower:
cooling.jpg
You don't have to do it like this. You can just place the object and the texture as downloaded in the westgermany3/world/objects folder and they will work.
PH-1504, KOE

Habichtmann

Post by Habichtmann » Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:36 pm

Thank you wickid,
once more I got an unexpected and helpfull hint. Once again the easier way did it. :D Though it is written in Xaviers guide that the texture paths have to be adopted, I was also afraid that in my copy of WG3, where the TP of the cooling towers around maddins home base is set to "landscape/WG3/world/textures/cooling tower" will disapear. Fortenately they don't, so it seems that the TP is less important than I thought, but of course, I think I have still a lot of missunderstanding :oops:
RW_marker_ok.jpg
C3Ddirectory.jpg
BTW, big thanks for your modelling work for the community. Anybody knows if the cologne cathedral is modeled somewhere or is it up2me :wink: ?
BB, H

Habichtmann

Post by Habichtmann » Sun Apr 19, 2020 1:14 pm

Hi Wickid,
is it possible that something is wrong with your "Pion" and "Birch" C3D Objects?
The Pion comes as "unnamed_object" without any TP any visibility. Adding a TP "Landscape/WestGermany4/World/Objects/pion.dds" via tool doesn't change anything. The "Birch" is only a black structure-less thing.
Pion_Objects.jpg
Pion_ObjectsB.jpg
Birch_Objects.jpg
Thank you in advance,H

Habichtmann

Post by Habichtmann » Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:36 pm

Hello everybody,
unfortunately I am really can't to get textures via OE to work. I downloaded some other cone files, did the UV-mapping procedures in Wings3D etc, did export to "road_cone.obj" opened it with OE but the result remains the same a black cone. Pointing the Texture path to the road_cone.dds file doesn't change anything and in game the cone becomes just red???? I really need help, thank you guys, in advance....
road_cone_Wings.jpg
road_cone_obj.jpg
road_cone_files.jpg
note: the C3d.file isn't shown in the file pic and I can't add a further pic showing red cones in game in this post.

Xavier

Post by Xavier » Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:19 pm

Habitchman,

In Object Editor you must indicate the path of each textures to bind the textures and the object.

Example the Landscape Object is in the

My_scenery/World/Object/

and textures are in

My_scenery/World/Object/Textures/

and many other subfolders
Binding.JPG
And if the texures are not in a sub folder of the object, you must indicate the complete path.

Good continuation
*****- Xavier - (XDL - VR FAN) *****

wickid

Post by wickid » Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:36 pm

Also check the material properties. The spec, shiny, env, red, green, blue, alpha stuff. If you set that incorrectly the object can also appear black even though the texture is there.
PH-1504, KOE

Habichtmann

Post by Habichtmann » Sat Apr 25, 2020 6:30 pm

Xavier wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:19 pm
Habitchman,

In Object Editor you must indicate the path of each textures to bind the textures and the object.

Example the Landscape Object is in the

My_scenery/World/Object/

and textures are in

My_scenery/World/Object/Textures/

and many other subfolders
Merci à toi, Xavier,
Every time when I tried to modify the TP as you wrote in your guide it has never had a result. Because of Anything you type in there is never accepted by OE, so changing texture path is useless, at least on my PC.
Xavier wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:19 pm
And if the textures are not in a sub folder of the object, you must indicate the complete path.
If I do so, and I open the *.file again the modified TP will be gone, #1 there is no option to save the mod and #2 exporting it to c3d works neither.
road_cone_fails.jpg
At least I had a little success, when I created a primitive cube as shown in your guide, UV-mapping included, I exported the image from the outliner window into a bmp-file, put some pic on every face, then refresh and export to a wavefront.obj, default texture type set to bmp. Import to OE brought finally a result, because of the right TP was there from the beginning
Hooray_text.JPG
Cub in game.jpg
Import in game was also successful, I am going to try to replace the cube-texture with another texture and modifying the TP, just to see what happens, to be continued...

Habichtmann

Post by Habichtmann » Sat Apr 25, 2020 6:37 pm

wickid wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:36 pm
Also check the material properties. The spec, shiny, env, red, green, blue, alpha stuff. If you set that incorrectly the object can also appear black even though the texture is there.
Hi Wickid,
could you precise where to set these specs, please? In OE or in Wings3d, outliner window, or somewhere else. I know, I have read it already somewhere in Xavs or Jiris guide :oops: ....Thank you a lot, H

Edit: :idea: :oops: :lol: I got it, it is in the OE!

Andy1248

Post by Andy1248 » Sat Apr 25, 2020 6:59 pm

I have found that when entering the texture path in Object Editor it is necessary to move the cursor away from the end of the line. If this is not done then as you say the path is not saved. No idea why this the case.
Condor CN = E20