after two years of work, I'm really proud to finally release West Germany 3, the successor of West Germany 2 (for Condor V1).
It's by file size the biggest scenery ever made for Condor and covers almost entire Germany.
- 690*460 km of (West) Germany, starting from the Netherlands border (6° longitude) towards closely before Berlin and reaching from the Northern Sea until closely before the Bodensee
- 20*30 = 600 tiles (maximum CST naturally supports)
- "Hybrid" ultra-high resolution textures (mix of satellite imagery and handcrafted forests and water areas based on OSM Data), resolution up to 16k (1.406m/px).
- Three different texture resolutions: SD, HD and UHD. UHD consumes 200GB of disk space!
- 102 of more than 600 airports selectable for takeoff - more to come through patches. All have markings so they can be seen from further distance.
- Accurate thermal map
- Accurate forest placing
- You need to download the main package, which includes all files but textures. Those are also the files required for server hosting.
- Extract the archive into the ..\Condor2\Landscapes\ folder, so you have ..\Condor2\Landscapes\WestGermany3\*files&folders*
- Select the texture resolution you want to use: UHD, HD, or SD. Download the respective texture file(s).
- Extract the texture archives the same way as in step 2.
- After extracting all texture files, check in ..\Condor2\Landscapes\WestGermany3\Textures\ that you have 9600 files in there.
- Done! You're good to go and have some fun now!
PERFORMANCE, HARDWARE REQUIREMENTS & TROUBLESHOOTING
- UHD textures should only be used on good computers, which have some decent graphics hardware. Also, a 64-bit operating system is required.
- HD-Textures are good on medium gaming machines. They are the same resolution as ArcAlpin - if this is running well, then WestGermany3 will aswell.
- SD textures are recommended for laptops or older computers.
- Should you experience out-of-memory bluescreens, reduce the visibility distance by a bit or reduce texture resolution (use Textures Reducer from Condor Club. This is quicker than downloading a new texture package).
- Should Condor freeze and close to the desktop, your harddrive is not quick enough for UHD textures. Use a quicker harddrive.
- 8GB of RAM.
- Internal harddrive or external harddrive connected with USB 3.0 or better.
Download is available via the following four sources:
There will be a welcome (quarantine) competition starting Monday throughout the quarantine time, to make your life at home a little bit more exciting. More information soon in the Multiplayer forum and on Condor Club.
Feel free to give me some feedback, the more the better. I hope to improve the scenery through future patches or upgrades.
I'll also look into airport modeling now, and I will start with my home field and the area around it.
PS: I already received messages that people want to contribute to a project like this. So I created the option to donate:
DONATE // SPENDEN