Anyone willing to build a new scenery

Moderators: Uros, OXO, JBr

notl33tbyfar

Anyone willing to build a new scenery

Post by notl33tbyfar » Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:22 am

Hi my name is Pablo Saso-Perkins, Ive been part of the condor community for about 7 years. I have been flying gliders in real life for over 6. I currently hold my commercial rating in gliders as well as my CFIG. The company I work for, Williams soaring center is in need of scenery near our area. We are seeking a scenery developer, who would be interested in creating a scenery. I am curious to know if anyone was interested, we would be willing to pay for your time. I would be happy to hear some responses, If a new version of the California scenery is being built then we would not need the additional scenery . So on more more note. Does anyone know if there is a new California Scenery in the works?
Thanks for taking the time to read my message.

dgtfer

Re: Anyone willing to build a new scenery

Post by dgtfer » Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:06 pm

California is coming, but not too soon.
I have a lot of work to complete the eastern part of AA2.
Presently the scenery is fully functional but without forests and objects.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

notl33tbyfar

Post by notl33tbyfar » Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:29 pm

Thank you DGTFER

notl33tbyfar

Post by notl33tbyfar » Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:33 pm

When it comes time to add the turnpoints, I was hoping to be able to give a list of our local turnpoints maybe from their coordinates. not sure how they work. This was a request from our other CFIG here in williams.

Marpilot

Post by Marpilot » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:35 am

Oooo-eager to see the scenery :)
Thank you DGTFER for all your work on sceneries for Condor2!

Bre901

Post by Bre901 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:35 am

notl33tbyfar wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:33 pm
When it comes time to add the turnpoints, I was hoping to be able to give a list of our local turnpoints maybe from their coordinates. not sure how they work. This was a request from our other CFIG here in williams.
Adding turnpoints is way more easy than creating a landscape.
You can edit to the .cup file in the landscape folder (text file, SeeYou format : http://download.naviter.com/docs/CUP-fi ... iption.pdf)
... and it doesn't compromise the possibility to fly muptiplayer.
CN: MPT — CondorUTill webpage: https://condorutill.fr/

Ksteen

Post by Ksteen » Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:43 am

Hi Pablo,
I have a small condor 1 scenery I built a while back for landing pattern practice centered around Williams soaring. It's photorealistic but no objects were added. If you would like a copy let me know.
Kevin

notl33tbyfar

Post by notl33tbyfar » Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:07 pm

Thanks, Kevin. Ill just wait patiently for California 2, as we are pretty much mostly using condor 2.

jmurtari

Post by jmurtari » Tue Apr 28, 2020 5:22 pm

Just what I was looking for. Happy to help and can probably have a photo-realistic scenery of your local area ready in about a week, 4x4 tiles, 57x57 miles. If anyone else wants one, please send me a message.

Why? I've been working with a few other computer/glider guys on trying to simplify the whole process of creating a photo-realistic scenery. It really is an aid in helping new students learn the local landmarks, pattern. We did a scenery now in use at the USAF Academy for their Soaring Program and they believe in the value -- especially when tied to the Mach 0.1 simulator.

I'm fine tuning the next version of the tutorial and procedures, which means creating landscapes, so it's no problem knocking out a few. You can get a current version of the tutorial here: https://www.soaringtools.org/wp-content ... ial-r2.pdf

The big thing I need to get started is the exact LAT/LON for the middle of the landscape and also the position/name of 1 airport.