Scenery slim down

Moderators: Uros, OXO, JBr

Pit_R

Scenery slim down

Post by Pit_R » Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:01 pm

Hello!
I would like to make reduced version of Netherlands HD 3 for those who have small HDDs and want to participate in our mid september Terlet Condor Competition. My idea is to leave textures only at event area while strip off all others. So scenery could be 1/4 of size. With additional dds size reduction - even smaller. BTW: I don't wanna change/resize scenery itself of course - the rest of textures will be those autogen small gray tiles - so stripped version and 23 GB full HD will be naturally compatible.

Maybe someone knows how to do that? I just need list of files to leave or delete - the rest will do myself.
I can imagine this tool as an Excel sheet (numbered all scenery tiles) where I could select region by mouse and got dds names copied to another sheet or to clipboard or txt file. :) Unf. I am not Excel magician so can't do that myself. :\

To illustrate what I am talking about - pic below. I wanna leave only textures inside white frame, as those are only needed for event.
(Att! - it is just example - not real needs - maybe region will be smaller)

NedHD_.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
No matter where you go... There you are...

:::: Please use this envelope
to send me a PM.