Hard surface runways missing at many CW-A airports

Moderators: Uros, OXO, JBr

Super727

Hard surface runways missing at many CW-A airports

Post by Super727 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:38 pm

Hi,

New to Condor2. Love the sim, but noticed that at payware CW-A landscapes many airfields in Austria have their hard surfaced runway missing. Zell am See, Gmunden, Niederoeblarn etc. This doesn't seem to be the case with the default scenery.

Will these airfields get updated to include the correct runway surfaces? Coming from X-Plane, the freeware addon airports for Austria are much more detailed. See here:

http://www.x-plane.at/drupal/SZENERIEN

Maybe these freeware airports could be used as references?

Cadfael

Re: Hard surface runways missing at many CW-A airports

Post by Cadfael » Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:23 am

For Condor is not possible to use airports from other platform. I do not know what you mean by hard surface, but CW-A has my default flyable airports. I have no time create highly modelled airports, because time for create landscape with syntetic textures and objects needs more than 1000 hours - it is one year of everyday work, and if I will create detailead airport, I cannot create landscapes. No time for it. Sorry, but you need take it as it is or use another landscapes, without objects and trees. Or, you can create your own airports and change airports files at the scenery, it will be working.

Super727

Post by Super727 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:25 am

Hi,

Thank you for your reply!

What I meant with hard surface runways is asphalt or concrete type runways. The airfields I mentioned each have an asphalt runway as well as a grass runway in real life. In Condor2 they only have grass.

I understand that it may take too much time to create many new airport sceneries. The reference to the X-Plane freeware airports was only meant as an example of what is possible in a simulator.

All the best,

Werner

Bre901

Post by Bre901 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:53 am

I understand having a realistic environment for basic training maybe important, but as soon as one gets comfortable with soaring, cross-country flying is more fun than flying landing circuits.
Hence I do appreciate when landscape builders spend time on textures (either synthetic or photo-realistic) and thermal maps, rather than on airfields, once these airfields have a decent runway, an airsock and a few objects.
CN: MPT — CondorUTill webpage: https://condorutill.fr/

Super727

Post by Super727 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:53 am

Hi,

Found a solution for myself. :D

Installed Arc Alpin2 photo scenery by Condor Club.

Happy now. :lol: :D

Khainapha61

Post by Khainapha61 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:19 am

Hi Werner
Download SouthernNorway4 . Very beautiful landscape. Superp draftet airports :D . All the tarmac runaways you need. Also nice tasks available. Land and start at Anda. :idea:
Regards K.