Colorado Springs?

Moderators: Uros, OXO, JBr

jsfs

Colorado Springs?

Post by jsfs » Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:17 pm

Does anyone have scenery for the area around Colorado Springs, Colorado or an interest in making such scenery?

The United States Air Force Academy, which has a glider program for cadets that uses Condor, is just north of Colorado Springs.

DanD

Re: Colorado Springs?

Post by DanD » Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:51 pm

Sounds like a good computer science project for one of the cadets...

OXO
Condor Team

Post by OXO » Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:17 pm

That would be a whole year of their free time used up if they do it properly.
Chris Wedgwood,
Condor Team

jmurtari

Post by jmurtari » Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:57 pm

I'm a '78 Grad of USAFA. I was out there last year and got a tour of the Soaring Squadron, very impressive. I couldn't believe 12 flights and most guys soloe'd. I know they are using the Mach Simulator with Condor 2 and it really works well.

Regarding scenery creation. I just got involved with that, it's a big struggle just understanding the tools and the graphical terms and mapping data. I'm still learning. I was able to do a 'one tile' (14 miles x 14 miles) photo realistic scenery around our Dansville, NY, airport. I did that after getting a lot of help from two scenery pros, Nick Bonniere & Luis Briones.

This site has tools and a pretty good instruction guide, but you still need a bit more as a novice. I'm working on a soup-to-nuts guide. I'm willing to give pointers to someone and help. After understanding the steps, it took me about 3-4 hours to create a hi-res scenery.

You can download the rough scenery here (still under construction, recommend airborne launch) -> http://www.murtari.org/downloads/flsc2.zip
unpack in your \Condor2\Lanscapes directory, it should create the 'flsc2' subdirectory. You can then see it in Condor and see if it's worthwhile. The tutorial used to create that is here -> http://www.murtari.org/downloads/FLSC_Sceneryr4.pdf

Feel free to message me, or just email -> john@murtari.org