.CUP file not loaded by Condor

Moderators: Uros, OXO, JBr

KipperUK

.CUP file not loaded by Condor

Post by KipperUK » Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:09 pm

I have taken the North UK scenery and started upgrading it a bit; I've added a thermal map and also a CUP file containing all of the official BGA turnpoints that should be present in that area.

The landscape editor recognises the new turnpoint list; but Condor 2 itself doesn't seem to load them - it seems to have cached/hung onto the old CUP file from the original scenery somewhere/somehow.

I've checked the format, discarded some columns that were valid but seemingly un-needed, and even converted feet into metres ... nothing doing.

It's not the first time I seem to have had problems with Condor remembering details from files that have changed, how can this be fixed?

KipperUK

Re: .CUP file not loaded by Condor

Post by KipperUK » Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:32 pm

Alright, solved it - I knew it was hiding somewhere.

Condor saves a copy of the .CUP file for each landscape in the documents/turnpoints folder - presumably for when you've added custom TPs on a flight plan.

It never goes back and updates it with a new file, even if present.

This seems like a bug; it should always load the file with the landscape and then append any user TP's into it.

GregHart1965

Re: .CUP file not loaded by Condor

Post by GregHart1965 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:00 pm

The .cup files in your documents/condor/turnpoints folder must be the same as the one in the scenery or you will run into errors in Condor.
Just place a copy of the file in each location.