Let's improve the scenery quality.

Moderators: Uros, OXO, JBr

Jan Oorthuijsen

Re: Let's improve the scenery quality.

Post by Jan Oorthuijsen » Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:19 pm

Hi Bluefang,

[quote] Could you explain this one a bit more? I have noticed some weird clipping to some of the 3D objects I have personally created in Blender - but have never figured out what causes the flickering / clipping. [/quote].

Of any 3D object that is on or in the vicinity of a slope, the shadow does not follow the slope but hangs in the air at the level at the base of the object.
Flying along this slope with a low sun position in front of you, gives often a strange flicker effect .
Also if for example, a balloon hangs low above the ground and the ground is not flat, this gives a very strange shadow.
In all these cases the addition _ns must be added to the object name so that the shadow is disabled.
p.s.
I don't know if changes have already been made to solve this problem by the developers, this topic was started a few years ago.

Attached a few screenshots.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
PH-722
WW
It’s Difficult to Soar Like An Eagle
When You’re surrounded By Turkeys

dgtfer

Post by dgtfer » Fri Jun 03, 2022 7:19 pm

Jan Oorthuijsen wrote:
Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:19 pm

I don't know if changes have already been made to solve this problem by the developers, this topic was started a few years ago.
Yes, the solution is to remove the shadow for this object by renaming it from "myobject.c3d" to "myobject_ns.c3d"

Jan Oorthuijsen

Post by Jan Oorthuijsen » Fri Jun 03, 2022 11:02 pm

I mean I don't know if the developers have already adjusted it so that the shadow follows the contours of the terrain, if not _ns should be added. I did that in my Matamata scenery where needed.
PH-722
WW
It’s Difficult to Soar Like An Eagle
When You’re surrounded By Turkeys