having problems creating my scenery

Moderators: Uros, OXO, JBr

BigBird

having problems creating my scenery

Post by BigBird » Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:13 am

I am having problems creating my scenery.

From page 29 of the landscape guide.

We should now have all the data we need to make our textures. We just need to export them from
QGIS in some format editable in Paint.NET. We will use Print Composer for that.

Hide the tutorial_clipped raster layer and press Ctrl+P to open new Print Composer. Click on
Composition and set page size preset to Custom and set the size to 200 x 200 millimeters. In the left
toolbar click Add new map and place it on the canvas by clicking and dragging. D
on’t worry that the content looks strange, we will sort this out later.

Keep the map selected and click Item properties. Scroll down to Extents and enter left bottom and
right top UTM easting and northing pairs (520745, 5492224 and 566825, 5538304).

Now scroll down a bit again and click Position and Size section to open it. Set X and Y to 0 mm and
Width and Height to 200 mm. The map should now fill the whole canvas.

Now we just need to export it as image. Click Save as Image from the main toolbar. Set PNG as the file
type and enter some name. Let’s call the file masks.png. In the following dialog set Page width and
height to 16384 pixels. As our scenery is 2 x 2 tiles, this is all we need. Save the image. Don’t panic, it
will take some time.

I am unable to click and drag the QGIS map layers into the Print Composer. I am using version 2.18.24.

Is there an instructional video to show how this is done? I searched youtube and could not find one.