AA (Arc Alpin) may be in future on Condor2?

Moderators: Uros, OXO, JBr

h.kreso

Re: AA (Arc Alpin) may be in future on Condor2?

Post by h.kreso » Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:47 pm

Great, thanks for this amazing work. Will you expand map? My town and airport is on east border, I can see it but can't reach it. LDVA

dgtfer

Post by dgtfer » Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:44 pm

Paul_UK wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:11 pm
Amazing work! I look forward to exploring and finding these new objects :mrgreen:

Quick question, for this update once installed on a server do all those wishing to join the server have to have the latest version too?

It sounds like there is a little more than just texture files updated.
Everybody must have the new version, it is not compatible with the previous one. That is the case when you modify the forests or the heightmaps tiles. And condor checks also the version number in the condor.ini file.

dgtfer

Post by dgtfer » Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:55 pm

h.kreso wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:47 pm
Great, thanks for this amazing work. Will you expand map? My town and airport is on east border, I can see it but can't reach it. LDVA
I'm sorry, but probably not in the east. The scenery is already out-centered, with the reference meridian at 9° east (UTM32), and going further in the east would increase the declination (the north going westward) and that would become noticeable.
We could expand the scenery in the north, without any more distortions, and 3 or 4 hundred km westward.
But further extensions need modifications in Condor, so it won't be before Condor 3.

wickid

Post by wickid » Thu Sep 22, 2022 8:05 pm

Hi DGT,

Nice work on the powerlines. Really nice. I also noticed the odd windturbine here and there. I would recommend however turning the shadow off on the powerline towers. The shadows are big triangles and the effect becomes worse when it is later in the day when the sun gets lower. It causes a lot of glitches and looks bad because you would expect a transparent shadow.

Other than that the upgrade is great!
Shot80.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
PH-1504, KOE

dgtfer

Post by dgtfer » Fri Sep 23, 2022 10:41 am

wickid wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 8:05 pm
I would recommend however turning the shadow off on the powerline towers. The shadows are big triangles and the effect becomes worse when it is later in the day when the sun gets lower. It causes a lot of glitches and looks bad because you would expect a transparent shadow.
Thank you Wiek, you're right. Just unzip this and replace the existing PY-chat.c3d in AA2/World/Objects:
PY-chat.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Jan Oorthuijsen

Post by Jan Oorthuijsen » Sun Sep 25, 2022 5:22 pm

Hi dgtfer,

I've just updated the AA scenery, the shadow of the powerline is still visible, maybe it's wise to update this too, To prevent problems later, Condor accepts the version with and without the patch on a server?
I've heard something about hash control, there must be a differenceis between the two PY-chat.c3d versions.
I hope you don't blame me if I'm tell nonsense, but just to be sure. :oops:

Grtz,

WW
PH-722
WW
It’s Difficult to Soar Like An Eagle
When You’re surrounded By Turkeys

EDB
Location: The Netherlands, Europe Continent, Earth Planet, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Super Cluster

Post by EDB » Sun Sep 25, 2022 7:03 pm

Objects are not checked

dgtfer

Post by dgtfer » Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:57 am

Jan Oorthuijsen wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 5:22 pm
I've just updated the AA scenery, the shadow of the powerline is still visible, maybe it's wise to update this too, To prevent problems later, Condor accepts the version with and without the patch on a server?
Hi Jan,
No pb for the objects, you can change them or remove them.
And for the few ones that can't use the new AA2 0.9 version you can even replace the AA2.obj file by this one, just unzip this file in the AA2 folder:
AA2.obj-without PY&WT.zip
AA2.obj lists all the objects in the landscape, and I have removed all the electric pylons and all the Wind turbines; as you can see its size has been reduced by 98.5%!... With that obj file, you can still join online flights, but you'll no longer see any PY and WT...

hanglider

Post by hanglider » Thu Sep 29, 2022 1:41 pm

Hi all, I have 0.8 and manually installed the "patch 0.8 to 0.9". Do I need the "Patch textures part 1 on 1" also? Thanks...

BOD1

Post by BOD1 » Thu Sep 29, 2022 3:03 pm

Yes
Please use this button to send me a PM, Forum messaging is too limited.

Angry Ivy

Post by Angry Ivy » Fri Sep 30, 2022 7:34 pm

dgtfer wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:57 am

And for the few ones that can't use the new AA2 0.9 version you can even replace the AA2.obj file by this one, just unzip this file in the AA2 folder:AA2.obj-without PY&WT.zip
AA2.obj lists all the objects in the landscape, and I have removed all the electric pylons and all the Wind turbines; as you can see its size has been reduced by 98.5%!... With that obj file, you can still join online flights, but you'll no longer see any PY and WT...
Thanks for this zip. I had trouble getting through "loading ground objects" and constantly got kicked because of it taking too much time. I thought I had a decent computer so not quite sure where to problem lays..
Too bad I have to do without these new additions, but the main thing is that it all works properly again. Thanks again!
-IV-

JLN

Post by JLN » Fri Nov 04, 2022 10:29 am

Hello
AA2 is my preferred landscape.
I tried the last Uwe task and I have noticed that in the region of Lienz Nikolsdorf some of the new powerlines seem to have too many pylons and there is also a sort of gathering of pylons.
I attach 2 snapshots for checking.
Best regards
Jean-Luc
Shot11.jpg
Shot10.jpg

dgtfer

Post by dgtfer » Fri Nov 04, 2022 4:11 pm

The power pylons are located in their real places (well... should be!), but you're right there are still two main problems.
First with the transformer stations, where the main lines in VHT arrive and MT lines start. There the normal pylons are replaced by gantries:
edf_energie-az_transport_poste-transfo_703x390.jpg
And the second with MT lines, where pylons should be smaller and of a different type:
5b42af686951a665178b4783.jpg
Unfortunately, the OSM data used for the pylon implantations are not really accurate with the heights and types (voltage) of the pylons. But these problems should not be unsolvable, I'll try to use the mean distance between pylons of the same line to determine their type and size.
For transformer stations, the easiest way is probably to remove the pylons there...