AA (Arc Alpin) may be in future on Condor2?

Moderators: Uros, OXO, JBr

dgtfer

Re: AA (Arc Alpin) may be in future on Condor2?

Post by dgtfer » Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:30 pm

dpluigi wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:58 pm
Questions:
1) The Resume download (Chrome) fails, can this still be resumed through and/or with 1Fichier.com? (I tried Ninja Download Manager and Free Download Manager, and no luck).

2) The limitation on Condor club to three download slots is understandable, but is there a way to schedule a queue with a download manager program since CC does not this feature, to allow a sequential download of all the files for the scenery of interest like AA2?

3) In anticipation of more scenery space requirements, is using mklink appropriate to split landscapes folder/sceneries over and between two physical drives?
The idea is to keep Condor and frequently used sceneries installed on C: m.2 SSD 1TB drive and make use of D: HDD 8Tb drive for the bulk of the
Hi Donat,
I can't answer for the CondorClub questions, You should contact directly BOD1 on his site, or on the CClub subforum.
For your third question, Yes you can use symbolic links to move a scenery on another directory: http://www.condorsim.fr/communaute/view ... 38&t=16564
Last edited by dgtfer on Fri Apr 29, 2022 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dpluigi

Post by dpluigi » Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:17 am

Update:

It took about 4h to download all 30 Bin files and the Exe file in the background while working on my PC. The executable initiated the install of A2 v0.5 fine until it reached texture t12646.dds., A message indicated then that an error had occurred while trying to copy a file, and that the source file is corrupted, but without mentioning which source file - I am assuming the source is one of the BIN files though. Retry was selected once and not to avail it gave the same error message; Ignore brought about the same error message for the next texture file t12647.dds. In this format, it is not clear which BIN file is corrupted. Unfortunately, ABort removed all the already installed file that I did not have the foresight to browse through first.

Can you help identify which file will need to be downloaded again?

Hopefully it is only one file corrupted out of thirty. It might be useful to know if there is a simple logic in the BIN file naming convention, for example, something like *12.BIN containing all t12xxx.dds files.

Thank you again for all your team work on this scenery.
Donat
ImageImage

dgtfer

Post by dgtfer » Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:56 am

Hi Donat,
Packing was a long automatic process, and the files have been packed according to their folders, but by alphabetic order and not numerical, so t12647 was just 8 files after t1264...
But I can guess a location: the first files packed were those directly inside the AA2, then the various folders but alphabetic order;
So apart from World folder (that should be located in AA2-30.bin), almost all textures are located between AA2-2 and AA2-29.
As t12647 is ranked 3426 among the 14082 dds, it should be located in AA2-6 or AA2-7.
Just try it!
Michel

Ikarus

Post by Ikarus » Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:46 am

I had the same issue as described by Donat when I downloaded and extracted the 30 zip files.
Solved the problem with downloading the 1 big package and installed this one.No longer props, no issues.

BTW: thank you very much Michel for your brillant work and outstanding accuracy. AA",the new "golden standard" for photorealistic C2 sceneries.One have to be very motivated to work on this for more than one year.
best
Ikarus DB1

janjansen

Post by janjansen » Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:24 am

Indeed, an impressive effort yielding a fantastic scenery. Thank you Michel and everyone else who worked on this!

UrosM

Post by UrosM » Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:10 pm

Great landscape. Could become default for all Alps flights :)

I downloaded all files (except no. 8 ) from CC and everything went well during install.
Last edited by UrosM on Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

janjansen

Post by janjansen » Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:27 pm

You can use innoextract to test the installer:
http://constexpr.org/innoextract/

Its command line only, so you need to run it from a cmd and then type something like:
innoextract.exe -t d:\Downloads\aa\AA2.exe

It will check all the files in all the bins and report any problems.
Beware, it takes a LONG time. Could be an hour to test all files.
Last edited by janjansen on Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.

UrosM

Post by UrosM » Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:36 pm

Otherwise, I prefer classic 7z files.

Since C2 landscapes became so huge, CC should consider torrenting for downloading. A lot of us will be glad to help seeding.

Rene Queiroz

Post by Rene Queiroz » Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:10 pm

Great scenery!!!!
I download in one file and the installation is fine!
This huge scenery comes with a specific installer:
Download files (one .EXE and 30 .BIN) all together in any directory of your choice.
Execute file AA2.EXE (extension ".EXE" may be hidden on your Windows installation)
Follow installer instructions

dpluigi

Post by dpluigi » Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:56 pm

Hi,

Thank you all for your replies.

Michel/DGT: It looks like I was writing my update second post as you replied, and missed your message. Thank you for the link referring to Marc Till reminder. I did look it up last weekend and must have had a typo or misused it, and got an error at first. It looks like it worked for one test folder, and I must have confused myself. The Target folder icon shows a short cut symbol I didn't notice at first but explicitly detailed from the command line using Dir (DOS). I'll give it another go once AAC2 is installed to make sure I do this right before moving more sceneries around.

Regarding AAC2 install, downloading again AA2-6 or AA2-7 resulted in the same Error message for t12646.dds. I selected Ignore for the following three textures files and no luck - the last good texture installed is t12645.dds in the Textures folder. Abort, removed all installed now.

Before initiating a second slow download of the large file from 1Fichier, if it hasn't be done already and can help, I'll run the INNOEXTRACT package tester suggested by Janjansen to check the problem files and will let you know.

Janjansen, the INNOEXTRACT was signed with a subkey or am I missing something. I am still new to this but the provided gpg key on the developer site matched the last half of the detected Primary key fingerprint with GPG4WIN - assuming it is reasonable here.

UrosM, thank you for releasing Condor2 last year and Condor2 ver.2.0.6 as a Christmas gift. Condor 2 VR is opening a new world to virtual soaring.
I have also wondered about peer-to-peer file sharing with Torrent of Condor Sceneries. It crossed my mind again while waiting for the downloads of the BIN files and seeing how many people were on Condor Club Server for the same files/scenery.
Is it a security concern that deterred the legitimate use of torrent as another option for distributing sceneries?
Wasn't this not already brought up to BOD1 on CondorClub?

Launching another big file download today. Hopefully, trice will be the charm.

Thank you all again for your help.
ImageImage

OXO
Condor Team

Post by OXO » Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:08 pm

@dpluigi

Wrong Uros ...
Chris Wedgwood,
Condor Team

UrosM

Post by UrosM » Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:42 pm

+1 ... wrong Uros :D

dpluigi

Post by dpluigi » Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:07 pm

It's embarrassing. Thank you for pointing this out. (~;

I have postponed the large one file download to first test the BIN archive. iINNOEXCTRACT ran with Test flag has quickly slowed down to 1MiB/s and reached 10.5% after 1Hour. It just finished the Forests map and just started the Height folder, and then it'll be the Textures folder where there were
source file errors.

It is going to be a long long scan.
ImageImage

Friggitotti

Post by Friggitotti » Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:16 pm

Hi all,
I have just finished the download and installed the scenery.
I have not tried it yet because during the loading of the flight I get the error "TGA file be type 2 or type 10" .
Does anyone know what I have to do to make it work ?
thank you,
Alessandro

janjansen

Post by janjansen » Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:38 pm

dpluigi wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:07 pm
It's embarrassing. Thank you for pointing this out. (~;

I have postponed the large one file download to first test the BIN archive. iINNOEXCTRACT ran with Test flag has quickly slowed down to 1MiB/s and reached 10.5% after 1Hour. It just finished the Forests map and just started the Height folder, and then it'll be the Textures folder where there were
source file errors.

It is going to be a long long scan.
Thats surprisingly slow. I thought it was slow on my machine, but I got ~10MB/s after the EXE, and that was not even on a SSD but on a rotating rust drive.