West UK

Moderators: Uros, OXO, JBr

Bre901

Re: West UK

Post by Bre901 » Thu May 31, 2018 4:35 pm

Andy1248 wrote:
Thu May 31, 2018 2:52 pm
Very true, see my South East UK thread for a pic of land mass of the coast East of Margate. :D
It's not in the SE UK thread, but in that one, actually : viewtopic.php?f=37&t=17864&p=154559&hil ... te#p154559
CN: MPT — CondorUTill webpage: https://condorutill.fr/

Andy1248

Post by Andy1248 » Thu May 31, 2018 7:08 pm

:oops: Oooops!
Condor CN = E20

Andy1248

Post by Andy1248 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:42 pm

Can any one advise what the limits of number of bmp tiles are permissable horizontal and vertical?
Condor CN = E20

Andy1248

Post by Andy1248 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:30 pm

I have created a new version of West-UK which has a 3 bmp tile extension to the East.

This should take is as far as Dunstable.

When complete it will have grass airfields where required (thanks to JBr tool)

Talagrth objects (thanks to Redmond).

Plus any other airfield detail that can be created by others.

As it is the summer and other distractions can occur (i.e. my golf course :D ), it may be a while before it is finished.

Pic is of the area covered from Landscape editor.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Condor CN = E20

OXO
Condor Team

Post by OXO » Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:49 pm

Hoorah !

Thank you Andy.

I shall post later to get a team together for airfield creation.

Can you please post a list of gliding airfields which are within the area covered.
Chris Wedgwood,
Condor Team

Andy1248

Post by Andy1248 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:41 pm

Currently on WEST-UK;

Nympsfield
Talgarth
Shobdon
Long Mynd
Sleap
Lleweni Parc
Usk
Llantysilio
Gloucestershire
Aston Down
Bristol International
Bristol Filton
Cotswold
Cardiff International
John Lennon International
Caernarfon
RAF Brawdy
RAF Fairford
Lundy Island
Chivenor
Birmingham International
Lynham AB
Llanbedr
Swansea Fairwood
Manchester International
Weston-Super-Mare (no longer an active airfield but was when I learnt to fly, hence its inclusion)
Halesland
RAF Mona
RAF Valley
Camphill
Wareham
Yeovilton
The Park
Colerne
Yeovil
Merryfield
Exeter
Dunkeswell
Weston-Zy
RAF St Athan
Newquay
Perreanporth
Lands End
Culdrose
Predennack
Bodmin
Davidstow
Plymouth
Brent Tor
Halwell
Eaglescott
Bournmouth Hern
Compton Abbas
Old Sarum
Upavon
Keevil
Pembrey
Rhingos
Aberporth
Welshpool
North Hill
Membury
Boscombe Down
Middle Wallop
Thruxton
Netheravon
Rivar Hill
RAF Brize Norton
Wellesborne
Tatenhill
Carlton Moor
Hawarden

Likely to be included in Version 1.2:

Southampton
Lee-on-Solent
Goodwood
Lasham
Odiham
Popham
Blackbush
Fairoaks
White Waltham
Wycombe
Oxford
Halton
Dunstable
Bicester
Enstone
Cranfield
Hinton-in-the Hedges
Rattlesden
Sywell
Coventry
Lyveden
Saltby
East Midlands
Syerston
Condor CN = E20

OXO
Condor Team

Post by OXO » Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:50 pm

I'll go through them and make a list of the gliding airfields. As with Slovenia, theres no point in making the other airfields.
Chris Wedgwood,
Condor Team

dgtfer

Post by dgtfer » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:24 pm

Andy1248 wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:42 pm
Can any one advise what the limits of number of bmp tiles are permissable horizontal and vertical?
What we know about scenery size and Landscape Editor:

For full features of LE, (including textures drawing) the absolute limit is 600 terragen tiles ( that is 9600 bmp loaded) but to reach this limit you'll have to manage carefully your memory, in giving LE a full access to the 4 Gb the 32 bits programs can use (for this you can use 4gb_patch.exe).
The proportions (rows x columns) do not matter only the size is relevant, if either the number of rows or the number of columns stays under 25 tiles (100 dds). (the problem there is that Condor must address simultaneously without confusion the textures)
If you don't need to draw textures, LE can handle much bigger sceneries, the biggest we managed to open was the full version of California with it's 2000 tiles. (32000 .for and .tr3, a few less dds)

What we know about scenery size and Condor2:

We don't know yet the maximum size that C2 can handle.
The full version of California was probably too big. While everything was OK with old computers, we had some puzzling problems with the most powerful configurations during the tests!!!(???)...
Cascade Range, the northern part of it, has 1125 tiles, and is now working without specific problems in flight. (the only problem we've encountered is that we sometime can't launch a flight twice directly but must close condor and than reopen it)
So the practical limit today with Condor2 is between 2000 and 1125 terragen tiles.

Andy1248

Post by Andy1248 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:46 am

Many thanks for this, a great help. No doubt not just for me but also for other scenery developers.

You mentioned a 4gb.exe patch for LE is this available anywhere?
Condor CN = E20

dgtfer

Post by dgtfer » Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:51 am

4GB Patch is a small freeware made by Daniel Pistelli of NTCore.
You can download it here:
http://www.ntcore.com/4gb_patch.php
This very little tool patches x86 executables in order to let them have 4GB (instead of only 2) of virtual memory on x64 platforms. This tool comes very handy for applications which need a great amount of virtual memory like games, 3D renderization, multimedia etc. To gain these 2GB, you just have to use this tool to patch the executable (*.exe file) of the software you want to have these additional GBs of virtual memory. It can be used by clicking on it and choosing the file or through command line (e.g.: "4gb_patch file.exe"). It automatically creates a backup copy of the original executable.

phil_delaine

Post by phil_delaine » Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:26 pm

Hi Michel,
Does this patch have an effect/drawback on the checksum verification that Condor2 makes against cheating??
Join Condor Café at http://condor-velivole.eu/

dgtfer

Post by dgtfer » Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:16 pm

I haven't tested it with Condor itself, only with LE.
And it doesn't change anything in the checksum calculation (the tha and fha files).

Andy1248

Post by Andy1248 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:54 pm

West-UK2 with the extension to the East is nearing completion. All grass airfields have a grass runway. Some sites have some objects as a starter/inspiration for the airfield designers. My 3D object creation skills are very limited.

I will shortly be placing a beta version of West-UK2 onto my Google drive. The idea being as a beta version airfield objects can be added and tested before it goes to a Ver 1 release on Condor Club.
Condor CN = E20

Andy1248

Post by Andy1248 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:53 pm

West-UK2

Scenery for Condor 2 use only.

Beta Version 0.90.

The first West-UK scenery was created to replace the popular "West and Wales" scenery of Condor 1. On request of beta testers I have extended the scenery by 3 tiles to the East. This brings into the scenery sites such as Dunstable, Lyveden and Cranwell. It therefore provides the opportunity to start a flight in the East, soar to Wales, and return back as is sometimes done in real life.

This is beta version so any errors please report on the West-UK post on the Condor Forum.

It has a basic thermal map, a few objects and all grass airfields do have a grass runway.

There is therefore plenty of scope for detailed airfields for those with the 3D skills. Any new airfield objects I can add to the scenery before it goes Ver 1 on Condor Club. I was unable to add the Talgarth objects files so this will be in patch upgrade.

Zip Files

The scenery is compressed using 7zip (free software) archive. It is in seven files:

West-UK2.7z.001 to 007

The scenery has been uploaded into my Google drive (all the files should be available after 11:30 UTC today):

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sjXds78tp2

Download all the West-UK2.7z files and then using the 7zip software select and extract the West-UK2.7z.001 file into a separate folder. The 7zip software will automatically extract all the files.

Check that the scenery folder contains the expected folders and core files and that there is not a scenery folder name within a scenery folder name.

Copy the West-UK2 scenery folder into your Condor 2 Landscapes folder.
Condor CN = E20

willburto

Post by willburto » Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:09 am

Excellent work on this scenery pack! I fly from the Mynd and really find this landscape amazing.

I'd like to host some online comps with the scenery but it doesn't appear to have any BGA turnpoints present. Would it be possible to add these in the next release?

Thanks for all your effort!