West UK

Moderators: Uros, OXO, JBr

Andy1248

Re: West UK

Post by Andy1248 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:10 pm

The map being displayed on Condor updater is from West-UK which is Condor 1 scenery and therefore would not be compatible with the Condor 2, West-UK2 scenery.

Not sure why, but the download and install should not be affected.

EDIT Yes it is the map on the scenery information screen that causes the error. I have downloaded and installed OK with the Condor Updater.
Condor CN = E20

Andy1248

Post by Andy1248 » Mon May 11, 2020 5:27 pm

I have been requested to make some additions to the West-UK2 scenery.

Brent Tor have supplied some additional objects for their site.

The Staffordshire Gliding Club have noted that they have been missed of the scenery (Ooops!).

I have also added 3 more airfields to the scenery.

So a patch to modify the scenery is in the pipeline. So here is an opportunity for other additions or corrections to be made.

Therefore if any Gliding Clubs/users have some mods or suggestions for mods then please let me know.

If you have then please contact me by PM.
Condor CN = E20

OXO
Condor Team

Post by OXO » Tue May 19, 2020 12:23 pm

Andy1248 wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:10 pm
The map being displayed on Condor updater is from West-UK which is Condor 1 scenery and therefore would not be compatible with the Condor 2, West-UK2 scenery.

Not sure why, but the download and install should not be affected.

EDIT Yes it is the map on the scenery information screen that causes the error. I have downloaded and installed OK with the Condor Updater.
On condor club, West Uk and West UK2 are shown on the map as being Condor 2 sceneries. Is this correct Andy?

https://www.condor-club.eu/sceneriesmap/0/?version=2
Chris Wedgwood,
Condor Team

Andy1248

Post by Andy1248 » Tue May 19, 2020 1:26 pm

Yes they are both Condor 2 sceneries.
Shortly after West UK was released I was requested to extend the size of the scenery to enable Wales to be accessed from gliding sites such as Camphill and Dunstable. Thus West-UK2 was created.

On a side note during lockdown I have created a new scenery called South-UK which is both West-UK2 and South East UK3 merged into one scenery. It is quite big (23 tiles wide) and is pushing the limits of Landscape Editor which is preventing me to load the textures in LE to view the scenery (oh! for a 64 bit LE). Not sure at this stage if I will pursue this onto a release version. But has been an interesting project which may have potential for some good South UK tasking. You could potentially fly from Anglesey, cross the UK, dodge the London ATZ, cross the coast at Dover and land in the North France coast.

EDIT - I have even thought about merging Scotland and North UK. Not sure if this feasible as yet.
Condor CN = E20

Andy1248

Post by Andy1248 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:51 pm

Update patch now available on Condor Club.
Condor CN = E20