Grey scenery

Moderators: Uros, OXO, JBr

Capricorne

Re: Grey scenery

Post by Capricorne » Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:46 pm

JBr wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:30 am
Anyway, no matter how you did this, I think the only solution now is to create the base structure of the landscape again. Keep your textures, so you don't need to compress them again, and the do the following (this is basically a digest of the guide):
  • Create a folder for new landscape in your Condor2\Landscapes folder, e.g. Condor2\Landscapes\MyLandscape.
  • Create the heightmaps folder in your MyLandscape folder, e.g. Condor2\Landscapes\MyLandscape\HeightMaps.
  • Open RawToTrn, load your BIL file with terrain data, crop it if needed and finally fill in the calibration data and save the terrain. Don't forget to save the terrain file to your landscapes' root folder and to add the .trn extension to the name, i.e. Condor2\Landscapes\MyLandscape\MyLandscape.trn. Tr3 patches will be saved in the HeightMaps subfolder.
    Sidenote regarding calibration: Calibration in RawToTrn is precise, i.e. 90 by 90. Old V1 landscapes that were calibrated manually are usually calibrated with some error, i.e. they are not 90 by 90, but for example 89.9 by 90.1 or something like that. If you are just converting such an old landscape and you want to use the old textures, you need to recalibrate your new V2 terrain using the manual calibration with calibration points from V1. ideally using the old CalibrationPoints.csv. If that's your case, the values of the initial calibration in the RawToTrn is not important, as you need to run the old fashioned calibration inside the Landscape Editor anyway.
  • Load it in the Landscape Editor so all the other necessary subfolders are created. If the manual recalibration is needed, put the CalibrationPoints.csv into MyLandscape\Working folder and reload the landscape in LE. Then recalibrate the landscape and save it. Close LE.
  • Now it should be possible to put back the Working folder from the previous not properly working version and the texture folder with your proceessed textures.
  • Load the landscape in LE again, import textures, import forest maps, etc.
  • Generate forest maps, generate thermal map, generate flightplanner map, generate THA and FHA files and you should have a working landscape.
EDIT: Don't forget .cup and .ini files.

Hi all,

Have this problem also with my last "test" scenery, but unfortunately have followed jBr Tips 3 Times but without result.. :cry:
have again and again this message :
and the grey textures
Objects and runway are ok , but can't find a way to get mys colors in game (colors are of course ok in dds)

If somebody could look at my scenery and look what is not ok, I have put all what is needed to try to get a working one hereon my GDrive:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dxgcZI ... sp=sharing
Capricorne - S67

Uros
Condor Team

Post by Uros » Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:12 pm

Why do you have so much water around the island? If you need it, at least put the island at the middle of the scenery. This will solve the problem.

Cheers,
Uros
Uros Bergant,
Condor Team

Capricorne

Post by Capricorne » Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:24 am

Uros wrote:
Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:12 pm
Why do you have so much water around the island? If you need it, at least put the island at the middle of the scenery. This will solve the problem.

Cheers,
Uros
It's just the same smallest area I did 2 years ago for Condor1.. :wink: Scenery is 2x3 Terragen tille , as far I remember 1x3 scenery did not work in condor 1.
I would really better sleep if I could understand how Condor2 or LE know it's water before I texture the scenery ?? :? Are you saying we cannot make a scenery of that size with 0m altitude, in 70 textures dds.?
I 'm sure every scenery creator would like to know why this can really happens, and or how to do, or not, a "demo scenery" . "Please contact landscape creator for full version" is not an useful technical answer .... :) Have try it ! but Capricorne, did not reply !!
it's not essential for Condor2, but I would really be happy to have such a small scenery, to test many objects and Hi res texturing on a very good 30m resolution mesh.
Have a nice flying day....

Cheers,
Patrice ak Capricorne.
Capricorne - S67

Roger Lavers

Post by Roger Lavers » Wed May 16, 2018 8:29 am

I'm not sure if I have used the patches correctly, but I've noticed scenery to the East In Scotland3 is missing what I assume are textures. Just downloaded the patch and copied the scenery files, but the area around Dundee is still not right.
The shots in the attachments were on a flight from and to Dundee before I looked for patches. After downloading the patches I used Dundee as a starting point, but appeared to be in water.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Andy1248

Post by Andy1248 » Wed May 16, 2018 11:29 am

The original upload of the Scotland 3 scenery to Condor Club was missing a big strip of textures around the Dundee/Aboyne area.

This was rectified by scenery patch of the missing textures called 'patch for missing textures'. If you have not downloaded this and added these textures to your Landscape\Scotland3\Texture folder then this will explain the error.

There is also another patch for this scenery 'BMP Patch' which changes the PDA maps from 24bit to 32bit image. Which could cause blue screen crashes if you changed the PDA map.

Hope this sorts your problem, if not PM me.
Condor CN = E20

Roger Lavers

Post by Roger Lavers » Wed May 16, 2018 1:54 pm

Thanks.
These are the two patches I put in today.
I'll check tomorrow if I put them in properly.

Andy1248

Post by Andy1248 » Wed May 16, 2018 4:39 pm

Best not to unzip into the scenery folder as the structure may not correct.

Recommended to unzip into a separate folder then cut/copy and paste into the scenery texture folder overwriting any existing files.
Condor CN = E20

Roger Lavers

Post by Roger Lavers » Thu May 17, 2018 4:24 am

Many thanks for your help Andy.
Even more for creating the scenery in the first place.

I have a folder on my desktop into which I put all my Condor2 Scenery download files and unzip there. Only when the scenery is unzipped in that folder do I copy it to the program scenery folder.

Somehow I hadn't actually actually copied the extra textures from the file I downloaded yesterday. Did so this morning and all looks fine now. Dunedin looks much better.

I was surprised to see Scotland's Perth is somewhat smaller than our Australian Perth.

Andy1248

Post by Andy1248 » Thu May 17, 2018 10:47 am

Pleased that you got it sorted. :D
Condor CN = E20