V2 Landscapes (sceneries) : work in progress / intentions

Moderators: Uros, OXO, JBr

Capricorne

Re: V2 Landscapes (sceneries) : work in progress / intentions

Post by Capricorne » Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:23 pm

Still working on Bigpyrennees2, approx 40% of dds done.... :? Unfortunately I can't use "Export textures to dds" from LandscapeEditor, (files are to big) so make them with Nvida tool....approx 45"-1' per dds , winch start is ok from all airports but nothing done for now...
So just appreciate the new terrain details and I'm particularly happy that now, mountain lakes are flat.. :D
Somewhere in Pyrennes...

and last one to show a cloud shadow on flat cost land, I must say , I dislike these shadows , could we have again this as an option like in Condor V1 ?

(You can look at images in full resolution , right click)
Last edited by Capricorne on Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Capricorne - S67

GregHart1965

Post by GregHart1965 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:13 pm

Almost complete - Cape Town. A small test scenery to get to know the new (much streamilined :D ) methods for landscape creation.
Shot17.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Andy1248

Post by Andy1248 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:19 pm

A view of Talgarth, modified West and Wales V1 scenery. It may work, but a new one from scratch would be better.

Textures converted from original dds files, so not the best way to get a good V2 result.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Condor CN = E20

VT1

Post by VT1 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:24 pm

Hi all,

Will there be a North Germany scenery for V2 please :P :?:

After flying the available ones for Condor 2 I got greedy :lol:

Christian(VT1)

corlier

Post by corlier » Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:12 am

Hi all,

I opened a new topic about the new scenery for V2 I'm working on : Luxembourg2

Work is on progress. This will be an extended version of Luxembourg HD, for Condor2.
Extended means 'larger' scenery, with new airfields now in Belgium, France and Germany :)

Plain thermals and tactical flights

Here under some 'avant premiere' views :

Coverage :
L21.jpg
Over Useldange (where I fly) :
L22.jpg
Still a lot of work on textures and airfields ...
No idea about release date ... few weeks

If possible, I will need help from those who worked on 'Belgique' / 'Belgium' and 'Champagne' sceneries for Condor V1 (for airfields objects : would be nice to share yours .3DS or .obj files) :D

If someone here knows german airfields (Utscheid, Konz, Trier, idar-Oberstein, ... please send pictures)

Andy (COR)

Rene Queiroz

Post by Rene Queiroz » Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:17 pm

New! LEM-Bahia V2!
Bahia LEM.jpg

John775

Post by John775 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:52 pm

I'm currently working on Arizona, Colorado and New Mexico, sceneries vary in size.

MARCU365

Post by MARCU365 » Wed May 16, 2018 12:14 pm

I am working on a Central Germany Map :D It will be covering more of the east than the map in V1. Main airfield is going to be Rudolstadt-Groschwitz :wink:

Alanm

Post by Alanm » Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:58 am

Currently working on Lake Keepit. for Condor 2.

I was unhappy with the calibration of the old version when I converted it to V2, so decided to start afresh a completely new version, slightly smaller than the previous area, but based on Sentinel2B imagery with higher-res closer to airfields and turnpoints. The first pass is currently being used on the 3-screen simulator (old IS28 cockpit) at Lake Keepit for training purposes.

Moving ahead well, all imagery completed and airports 50% completed. Objects and trees are being completed for the 5km areas around the airfields and turnpoints as a first pass and will be completed after the initial release. I think about 500hours will be required to complete them, because, with photoreal, I need the trees in exactly the right places. A slow boring job. As there are many ag-strips in the area that can be used for outlandings, higher-res and detail will also be used for those.

Lake Keepit is the location for the 2019/2020 Womens World Championships. A great place to fly.

antigoon78

Post by antigoon78 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:12 pm

Is anybody thinking of doing a Netherlands scenery? I know flat land does not satisfy everybody, but it would be nice. Early september our gliding club is taking part in a national open day for gliding clubs, and we want to show off gliding in VR. So i'm really hoping VR for condor is available then. (if not we're resorting to Aerofly with upcoming ORBX NL) Even better would be a Dutch scenery where I could put our airfield (Nistelrode) in, so we can show interested visitors how cool steering a glider yourself is in an environment that looks familiar.

Rene Queiroz

Post by Rene Queiroz » Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:29 am

My New Scenery! BEBEDOURO !
Bebedouro-SP.jpg

Jan Oorthuijsen

Post by Jan Oorthuijsen » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:02 pm

Nistelrode

Ik woon zomers een half jaar in Brabant (Elsendorp) en kom soms op de fiets wel eens kijken op Nistelrode, misschien een van de komende weken weer.
Als ik met de Matamata scenery klaar ben ( eind 2018) ga ik misschien een V2 scenery van Nederland maken maar deze zal niet beschikbaar worden voor de Condor community.
Last edited by Jan Oorthuijsen on Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
PH-722
WW
It’s Difficult to Soar Like An Eagle
When You’re surrounded By Turkeys

antigoon78

Post by antigoon78 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:12 pm

Hi Jan,

dat is gaaf om te zien! Voel je welkom op ACN, vraag een keer naar me (Hans - even geen achternaam op het interwebs, maar ik ben secretaris vd club)

OXO
Condor Team

Post by OXO » Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:29 pm

Please don't post V1 sceneries in V2 threads.

I have enough tech support emails already telling users that V1 sceneries dont work in V2. :shock: :roll:
Chris Wedgwood,
Condor Team

Jan Oorthuijsen

Post by Jan Oorthuijsen » Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:56 am

Matamata scenery is on schedule.

The airports are ready: 23 glider fields, and 14 non-glider airports (NZxx) with only the runway and a windsack

10604 high voltage pylons manually placed and placed in the right direction, and many other objects, total object number is currently 11881 and is still increasing.

EDB helps me with the termal map.

Flattening 1500 km of coast to prevent water from running up the slope is halfway.

I have some problems with textures and alpha channel (hope someone has a solution for this).

I have to convert some 3D objects from v1 to V2.

Release date is about 3 months.

Some screenshots.
Last edited by Jan Oorthuijsen on Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PH-722
WW
It’s Difficult to Soar Like An Eagle
When You’re surrounded By Turkeys