Free Flight Corrupted

Moderators: Uros, OXO, JBr

Re: Free Flight Corrupted

Post by 6266 » Wed Mar 22, 2023 4:16 pm

Bre901 wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 4:04 pm
This will only work if Condor is properly installed (i.e. if the Slovenia2 landscape is present)
No, please test it by yourself

Rename the Slovenia2 folder (I named it X_Slovenia2)
Open Condor -> it works
Rename now the flightplan.fpl (I named it X_Flightplan.fpl)
Open Condor -> Error Message Slovenia isn't correct installed

You can run Condor without installed Slovenia landscape, if you have installed the landscape of the flightplan.fpl. Only if not Condor looks for the Slovenia landscape. Maybe this can be changed by saving other flight plans in Condor2\Flightplans,but I haven't tested it
Visit https://www.baleit.no

Vintage Series 24, The Journey
25 landscapes with free available textures, newest: Maine

Discord https://discord.gg/bAXJaRT6ZC

Paul_UK

Post by Paul_UK » Fri Mar 24, 2023 11:22 am

Bre901 wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 4:04 pm
This will only work if Condor is properly installed (i.e. if the Slovenia2 landscape is present)
My problem came around when I had flown a task on a downloaded landscape. I then un-installed that landscape. On starting Condor you receive the error. I figured this is because Condor remembers the last flightplan flown and tried to load it on start-up. So I hunted for the FPL file and found the FPL Condor loads at start-up to be in the location I stated.

You just need to replace that with an FPL file for a new FPL file (renamed to the same file name) that uses a landscape you have installed or use the manual edit method 6266 mentions.
2018 - Silver Badge complete - Forgot I could claim for the 100km diploma flying an out and return :oops:
2019 - Get up to speed and aim for a 300km task?! maybe.....

wickid

Post by wickid » Fri Mar 24, 2023 12:00 pm

He just needs to follow the instructions in the link to download and re-install Condor including Slovenia2. Then he will not have this error again.
PH-1504, KOE

Paul_UK

Post by Paul_UK » Fri Mar 24, 2023 3:12 pm

wickid wrote:
Fri Mar 24, 2023 12:00 pm
He just needs to follow the instructions in the link to download and re-install Condor including Slovenia2. Then he will not have this error again.
I agree it will in the original posters case however it could happen again under different circumstances.

Read above and how my situation of this occurred. Re-installing Condor would have not solved my problem so it is useful to know how to resolve this issue without reinstalls in case you're clever enough, like me, to cause it to happen due to a downloaded landscape :oops:
2018 - Silver Badge complete - Forgot I could claim for the 100km diploma flying an out and return :oops:

wickid

Post by wickid » Fri Mar 24, 2023 3:49 pm

Paul_UK wrote:
Fri Mar 24, 2023 3:12 pm
wickid wrote:
Fri Mar 24, 2023 12:00 pm
I agree it will in the original posters case however it could happen again under different circumstances.

Read above and how my situation of this occurred. Re-installing Condor would have not solved my problem so it is useful to know how to resolve this issue without reinstalls in case you're clever enough, like me, to cause it to happen due to a downloaded landscape :oops:
Yes it would have. If you get this error for any other landscape than Slovenia2, the next time you click freeflight, Condor will default to Slovenia2. So unless you uninstalled Slovenia2, you don't need any of this above.

If you want to save disk space, you can delete the textures without error. They are about 90% of diskspace of a scenery anyway. If you leave empty.dds it will even be flyable.
PH-1504, KOE

Paul_UK

Post by Paul_UK » Fri Mar 24, 2023 4:30 pm

I've never deleted Slovenia2, it's still installed now. I stand corrected too, thank you for that info Wickid.

All this proved is my haste to sort the problem myself as on receiving the error I didn't attempt to reload a new fight (it didn't tell me to) so I set off to fix the issue hence what I wrote up :lol:

Does make sense to keep Slovenia2 installed for sure. I do in case I have any issues during flight, with new landscapes etc. if I have problems then I'll straight away test in the default scenery as that helps identify where the issue may lie.

DAVIDR

Post by DAVIDR » Fri Mar 24, 2023 6:11 pm

Guys
Thank you so much for the help.

In fact I think the idea to find the file and change to a landscape I had downloaded would have worked. However in my emotional state I think I deleted the original Condor2 programme.
It is not retrievable as the original link is now out of date.
I'm not sure that the condor people are too bothered so neither am I.
I will head to the flying club and learn the real thing without this software.
Just a shame that your help is not backed up by the original designers.
As I said I am not a programmer or super PC literate. This is very old school. Websites and games have moved on a few decades with interfaces that are customer focused.
Cheers

wickid

Post by wickid » Fri Mar 24, 2023 7:12 pm

DAVIDR wrote:
Fri Mar 24, 2023 6:11 pm
Guys
Thank you so much for the help.

In fact I think the idea to find the file and change to a landscape I had downloaded would have worked. However in my emotional state I think I deleted the original Condor2 programme.
It is not retrievable as the original link is now out of date.
I'm not sure that the condor people are too bothered so neither am I.
I will head to the flying club and learn the real thing without this software.
Just a shame that your help is not backed up by the original designers.
As I said I am not a programmer or super PC literate. This is very old school. Websites and games have moved on a few decades with interfaces that are customer focused.
Cheers
Please open this link: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=20286

It has the instructions with pictures how to retrieve your installer file! It is really easy.
PH-1504, KOE