Condor GP2019 Qualified for the Grand Finale

Moderators: dgtfer, Marc Blanjean, canastel9g, Bre901

wickid

Re: Condor GP2019 Qualified for the Grand Finale

Post by wickid » Mon May 20, 2019 8:44 am

Congrats to David! He did a really good job!! But whoever made that task is an evil man :P
PH-1504, KOE

dgtfer

Post by dgtfer » Mon May 20, 2019 9:58 am

Congratulations to Davis Chappins, the CGP19 Champion!

A magnificent victory, (ahead of Golden eagle and Sandor Laurinyecz!!!!) allowed him to win the title.
He succeeds Finn Kristensen and Aleksey Chernov, well done!

Congratulations also to all those who completed this difficult task, it was the kind of race that sorted out between Men and Kids!
Unfortunately for me I'm obviously falling back into childhood...

BenFest

Post by BenFest » Mon May 20, 2019 12:33 pm

CG Davis! Very well done :)

I knew we were somewhere in front on the first leg, but I didn't expected it to be that far. I made a minor mistake but I wanted to go a bit more south where I left our little group. Didn't catched the cloud and needed to go full north again... That is where I lost you. Then it was hard to get closer to the high guys at TP1 (SCR, GE7). I decided to go into the mountains low and that was a big mistake as the sun turned so far west, that there was no activity below 2500m in front of TP2. There after slow flying with water and somehow got to place #4 again (shortcut after TP3).

I would say one of the sweatiest Condor races I ever did, especially with wearing the Oculus for the whole 4h. :oops: :lol:

Thanks to the Condor GP Team for all the effort this year, and if someone want to relive the thrill from my perspective, feel free to watch the stream:
https://youtu.be/yB91iJYst9s
(It takes some time to watch, luckily you can skip time in YouTube)
Ben Fest
D-2701 - BF

Ikarus

Post by Ikarus » Mon May 20, 2019 7:24 pm

CG all participants !
CG all final participants !
CG and Tx the french orga-team (Marc BLA, Michel DGT,tasksetters, unknown members)
OK, it was hard working, long (however too long...), but:
Sometimes I love this kind of tasks,not racing VNE all the time, up's and down:s, but space and time to correct themes.
However it helps, if you have a couple of years (for me > 45 RL, ) with all the different experiences and the williness, to survive. Surfing 30 min the ridge with 0,5 m/sec to reach TP2, you must really want that. Also to keep up your concentration up to the final.
The race results are different from the common ones, other capacities are requested. Good and vitalizing our great community.
Seeing fwd for the next racing tasks and meeting all of you
best regards
Ikarus DB1