Tchin-Tchin Races

Moderators: dgtfer, Marc Blanjean, canastel9g, Bre901

dgtfer

Tchin-Tchin Races

Post by dgtfer » Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:42 pm

Bandeautchin[1].jpg
A new competition based on online flights, and a special General Ranking, will start on the 16th of September, with 8 races each available for one week and an unlimited number of attempts allowed!
Tchin-Tchin Races will be hosted by Condorsim.fr
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

dgtfer

Re: Tchin-Tchin Races

Post by dgtfer » Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:42 pm

Tchin-tchin Race - Rules

:arrow: Registrations :
This new competition is individual and open to all pilots.
No registration required: Just fly the tasks online and post them on CondorClub.

:arrow: The competition consists of 8 tasks each available online for 1 week.

:arrow: Dates and times of each round:

from Sunday 16/09 14H00 to Sunday 23/09 10H00 : Tchin-tchin Race 1
from Sunday 23/09 14H00 to Sunday 30/09 10H00 : Tchin-tchin Race 2
from Sunday 30/09 14H00 to Sunday 07/10 10H00 : Tchin-tchin Race 3 special coefficient 1,5
from Sunday 07/10 14H00 to Sunday 14/10 10H00 : Tchin-tchin Race 4
from Sunday 14/10 14H00 to Sunday 21/10 10H00 : Tchin-tchin Race 5
from Sunday 21/10 14H00 to Sunday 28/10 10H00 : Tchin-tchin Race 6
from Sunday 28/10 14H00 to Sunday 04/11 10H00 : Tchin-tchin Race 7
from Sunday 04/11 14H00 to Sunday 11/11 10H00 : Tchin-tchin Race 8 special coefficient 2

:arrow: Each event will be characterized by an authorized glider "class" and will take place during one week.

:arrow: Competitors have one week for each round and can start their flight as many times as they wish. At the end of their flight, they send their ftr to the Condor Club, which will only select the best result for each.

:arrow: Sceneries used :

- Arizona2
- Big-Elba2
- BigPyerenees2
- Cascade Range
- Jura_Mont-Blanc2
- SouthernNorway4
- Transandino
- Yunnan

:arrow: Scoring method :
The scores for each race will be those calculated and displayed by the Condor Club. (Glider handicaps are taken into account).

:arrow: For each round, ftr must be uploaded before Sunday 12:00 CET. The results displayed at this moment by the Condor Club will prevail and will be taken in account for the final classification of the event.

:arrow: General Ranking:

The overall classification will be calculated by adding the scores of all the 8 rounds. But the results of Race 3 will be increased by 50% (coefficient1,5) and the results of Race 8 will be doubled (coefficient 2).

:arrow: Organizers :

- List of organizers: Marc, Canastel9g, LeMontois
- The organizing team can change the rules at any time.
- All decisions of the organization's team are final.

:arrow: The servers :
- For each event, it is planned to simultaneously launch 4 servers running in a loop throughout the week. These servers are launched on Sunday at 14H00 and stopped the following Sunday at 10H00.
- Server names: "FRxx - Tchin-tchin Race N Serv A"
N = race number ( 1 to 8 )
A,B,C,D = server number
- These servers are accessible to all, no password is required.
- The use of the servers is mandatory. It will be controlled that the depart time is not less than Condor time + 22 (join time + start).

:arrow: Complaints and information requests :

- complaints and requests for information by PM (Private Message on the Forum) or by e-mail will not be processed!
- Any complaints or requests for information must be submitted in the appropriate forums.

:arrow: Cheats:

- The organizing team will take action against cheaters.
- Any attempt to cheat will result in disqualification of the pilot.

:arrow: Proclamation of results :

The results of each event, the provisional general ranking and the final general ranking will be posted in this forum and in the Condorsim.fr forum.

janjansen

Post by janjansen » Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:50 pm

Do I get this right; you can fly the same task as often as you like for an entire week, and the fastest result counts?
Arent you afraid that is going to become a competition of "who has the most free time"?

Crakob

Post by Crakob » Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:26 am

i probably could fly a task 100 times and still be slower than a lot of the "good-guys" on their first attempt :)
CRAKOB = CRA

dgtfer

Post by dgtfer » Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:36 pm

Yes, the unlimited number of attempt is a choice. And beside the challenge, this kind of competition is an excellent way to learn to fly fast, and improve our skills in Condor.
We remember the Speedbattle 24x7 of Stefan Kessler and Andreas Kippnick, that ended precisely 10 years ago.
Even if only the 5 first results where taken in account, it wouldn't change much and it's a lot easier to manage for the team.

janjansen

Post by janjansen » Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:06 am

Is this going to replace the usual tchintchin 17:30 races, or complement them? Thing is, tchintchin is currently pretty much the only event that gets a good number of pilots online. I would hate to see it go, so I hope this new competition doesnt replace the usual daily races?

As for multi day competitions; there is always a problem to balance pilots RL availability with fairness. I never participated in speedbattle, maybe some individual races but never the overall competition so I dont really know or remember those rules, but I think your concept takes it a little too far, at least to my liking, in giving flexibility to the participants, at the price of having to compete against pilots who may have flown the task a gazillion times for an entire week. Lowlands Cup was closer to the other extreme, giving you only 1 chance per task and you needed IIRC to fly 5 races out of 7 each week to be able to get full scores.

I think we need something inbetween, where you can race and compete for an overall result even if you only have a few evenings per week, but dont have to compete with pilots who may know the location of every good thermal on the map and who have tried every conceivable strategy.

dgtfer

Post by dgtfer » Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:33 am

This is only a new kind of competition limited in time to 8 weeks. But of course if it is successful and popular, as we hope it will be quite easy to manage, the formula could be used again in the future. And experience may also lead us with some improvements.
Of course it will not interfere with 17:30 Tchin-Tchin flights.

lemontois

Post by lemontois » Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:56 pm

Race#1 is open.
Race1Open.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
PDS - Lemontois

" Never fly lower or faster than your guardian angel"
My Tools for Condor2: CondorCheck2[FR/EN] - SceneryCheck2[FR/EN] - CondorRacesRefly2[FR]
CondorCheck2 & SceneryCheck2 also available at Soaring Tools

lemontois

Post by lemontois » Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:27 pm

Little reminder:
The first tchin-tchin race series ends Sunday at 10:00 CEST
If you have FTR to send for this series, do not forget to do it before closing to be taken into account.
A new race with a new class will be launched for a week starting Sunday 14:00 CEST.
PDS - Lemontois

My Tools for Condor2: CondorCheck2[FR/EN] - SceneryCheck2[FR/EN] - CondorRacesRefly2[FR]

lemontois

Post by lemontois » Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:45 am

up
PDS - Lemontois

lemontois

Post by lemontois » Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:15 am

As announced, the scores of this third race will be multiplied by 1.5 :D
A good opportunity to take points in the overall standings. :wink:
PDS - Lemontois

lemontois

Post by lemontois » Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:47 pm

Reminder: Do not forget to post your FTR before Sunday 10:00 AM CEST.
Also I remind you that this race will have a coefficient of 1.5.
The next race that will start at 2:00 PM CEST will use SouthernNorway4, plan to download this scene if it's not already done
PDS - Lemontois