Tchin-Tchin Flight 17:30 CET

Moderators: dgtfer, Marc Blanjean, canastel9g, Bre901

dgtfer

Tchin-Tchin Flight 17:30 CET

Post by dgtfer » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:11 pm

Tchin-Tchin 17:30

The big afternoon rendez-vous for all Condor pilots

Capt_180404_072120_001[1].jpg
From tea time to dinner, a new task every day, most of the time an easy flight, sometimes less, but always interesting.
All kind of gliders, with beautiful landscapes on the popular sceneries.
And you will fly with some of the most friendly pilots of the Condorsphere!
All beginners are welcome, do not hesitate to come on TeamSpeak, and ask for help if necessary.
Everyone will be happy to assist you.

:arrow: Join us : http://www.condorsim.fr/communaute/view ... 28&t=16427
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Crakob

Re: Tchin-Tchin Flight 17h 30 CET

Post by Crakob » Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:43 pm

Hi everybody,

since so many Pilots are attending Tchin-Tchin right now. Might it be possible to generally use "Airstart" instead of towing or winch.

It's faster and no crashes at the end of the queue.

Christian
CRAKOB = CRA

Marc Blanjean

Post by Marc Blanjean » Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:09 pm

We take note of the suggestion, Christian. It is true that the flight departures are longer because of the large number of participants, which we are delighted.
But we do simulation and towing, or winch, is part of realism and pleasure.
The crashes, at the end of the line, only happened once (i think). It depends on the terrain and it belongs to the tasksetters to look after this problem.
But we are obviously attentive to this problem.

janjansen

Post by janjansen » Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:35 pm

Here is another solution: limit the server to 32 players and host 2 or 3 servers.
Having 64 players in one server just takes too long for tow take off on daily races, plus now you either get to fly along with everyone else, or pretty much alone in the "secours" server. Having a 32 player limit and several servers should solve both issues.

janjansen

Post by janjansen » Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:41 am

Again we had 30+ minutes tow procedure for a 1 hour race. A lot of people are asking for airstarts, so at the risk of fragmenting the group, I would like to do an experiment by hosting an alternative for people with "no time to waste". I would be hosting the exact same tasks, just with airstart enabled. This does make the results incompatible on condor club, so we would have 2 groups with their own results...

To minimize the fragmentation effect and to solve another problem, during weekdays I could host it 60 or 90 minutes later so people in the EU with a day jobs have a better chance of joining (and people with "too much" time could even fly both).

Thoughts?

timbaeyens

Post by timbaeyens » Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:06 pm

90 minutes later, and I will join 2-3x more then now.
TT

orion1210

Post by orion1210 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 3:36 pm

That will interfere with the series races which will mean you lose most of the best pilots from tchin tchin.

janjansen

Post by janjansen » Sun Feb 03, 2019 3:43 pm

Days where 19h CET times clashes with CWC or other competitions, I would not expect a lot of pilots, but there are not competitions every day of the week. And even when there is conflict, I see people join other servers during CWC/TS/.. Maybe they want an easier task, or shorter one, or they dont have the scenery,.. whatever their reasons, it never hurts to have that choice. Besides, TchinTchin FR servers would still be there at 17:30.

Crakob

Post by Crakob » Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:01 am

And again.... yesterday on AA the start was impossible because of an "crater" in the runway. Only 2 could start, the rest crashed.

I can't really understand you argument; "towing or winch" adds to the realism in case of tchin tchin. The fun is the race itself, not waiting in the line. (my opinion)

i bett, if you would make a poll, most pilots would vote for an airstart.

Regardless of that, i think everybody appreciates the work you guys do to create and host a flight every single day. !

Christian
CRAKOB = CRA

janjansen

Post by janjansen » Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:19 am

Crakob wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:01 am
Maybe, and it might be worth actually doing the poll, but i think most of the condor.fr pilots who organise tchintchin seem to prefer including the tow procedure as it brings some of the airfield day mood to a flying session. And I do get that.

The problem here is that its difficult to provide an alternative for people who have other preferences, like different start procedure or even slightly different time of day. Events like TchinTchin are a "natural monopoly": their popularity and heritage attracts more pilots as almost everyone prefer to fly on full rather than empty servers. So even if, for arguments sake, lets say 95% of tchintchin pilots would prefer airstart over tow, if you organise a server to cater for them, you will only get those people who hate tow procedure so much they would rather fly alone than suffer it. Ie, virtually no one.

I hope TchinTchin organizers keep that in mind. 17:30-19:00 is tchintchin time, they simply own that timeslot , and organizing a different event to cater for different preferences around that time, just isnt feasible. Nor is it even desirable, as it would split the group.

dgtfer

Post by dgtfer » Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:50 pm

Crakob wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:01 am
And again.... yesterday on AA the start was impossible because of an "crater" in the runway. Only 2 could start, the rest crashed.

I can't really understand you argument; "towing or winch" adds to the realism in case of tchin tchin. The fun is the race itself, not waiting in the line. (my opinion)

Regardless of that, i think everybody appreciates the work you guys do to create and host a flight every single day. !

Christian
I'm sorry for the Levaldigi problem, and of course, it will be corrected in the final version.
But that doesn't mean we shouldn't have tow starts, it means we should be more careful in runways applanation!
And yes, we think that most of the regular tchinTchin pilots like a "real" start and you will also notice that almost everybody lands carefully after the race, while that would be easier just to leave in flight... (well, ... almost because some manage to crash before!)

janjansen

Post by janjansen » Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:57 pm

In fairness, landing doesnt take 30-40 minutes, and in most cases, you want to hang around for a while after finishing simply to see the results (and finishes) of others, especially those who started after you and might affect your ranking.

By contrast, waiting on the runway for a tow plane is pretty much lost time and I dont think many tchintchin pilots still find successfully completing a tow a challenge (well, unless the runway is bumpy ;) or the tow pilot suicidal )

UrosM

Post by UrosM » Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:43 pm

Where the TcinTchin races results can be found?

dgtfer

Post by dgtfer » Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:55 pm

On CondorClub. But there is no special ranking.

UrosM

Post by UrosM » Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:10 pm

dgtfer wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:55 pm
On CondorClub. But there is no special ranking.
Call me stupid, but where? Link maybe?