Tool to download multiple tracks/ghosts from Condor.Club

Moderator: BOD1

ryanwoodie

Tool to download multiple tracks/ghosts from Condor.Club

Post by ryanwoodie » Mon Jan 09, 2023 7:00 am

Analyzing tracks and results from a task is very valuable for learning and improving as a race pilot, but it can be a bit of a hassle to download each track individually and get them all converted and loaded into ShowCondorIGC, etc.

Here is a little program/script to make it much quicker to download and process multiple flight tracks from a Condor.club task.

https://github.com/ryanwoodie/Condor.Cl ... Downloader

It will download all (or any selected) FTRs from a task, convert them to IGC, and then load them all up into a table in ShowCondorIGC for comparison and detailed stats. If you haven't used ShowCondorIGC before, it is an excellent tool for Condor flight analysis and comparison. Better than SeeYou (in my opinion) and worth the learning curve. https://virtualsoaring.eu/download#:~:t ... 20for%20c2

It can also save all the tracks as ghosts to your FlightTracks folder, so you can race against ALL the pilots in a past task (if your computer can handle that many ghosts).

Hope it is helpful,
Ryan (HG1)

Kekelekou

Re: Tool to download multiple tracks/ghosts from Condor.Club

Post by Kekelekou » Mon Jan 09, 2023 1:52 pm

Hello Ryan,

Brilliant idea! I can't fly online often, and the virtual pilot does feel lonely without ghosts :lol:
I have just given your app a try, but I have to say I struggled a bit to understand the instructions and to get the mass download feature to work.

So here is how I got things right :
- The "download folder" has to be the folder in which the CondorClub.FTR-IGC.Downloader.exe file can be found
- Go to CondorClub, open the "Performance" tab of the race, then Ctrl A and Ctrl C the whole page : this will prompt the download process
- Each ghost file will be downloaded individually as a zip file. Then the tool will unzip and paste the ftr to the folder indicated at the install

I hope this can help other users.

ryanwoodie

Post by ryanwoodie » Mon Jan 09, 2023 5:04 pm

Thanks for trying it out! I will try to clarify the instructions.

The CondorClub.FTR-IGC.Downloader.exe or AHK file can be located in any folder, but it needs to know which folder your default web browser downloads files to (which, quite likely, is the same location the .exe was downloaded to) so that it can "see" when the zip files arrive after download.

Kekelekou

Post by Kekelekou » Mon Jan 09, 2023 9:41 pm

Well, I install/store all my Condor utilities and exes in a dedicated folder (which is not my brower's default download one), and I would download the FTR zip files to a specific folder (which is not my browser's default download one neither). And I guess I am not the only one doing things this way.
So I would suggest to change the instruction "browse to your browser default DL folder" to something like "browse to the folder in which the FTR pacakages will be downloaded". Because that's what the exe really wants to know.

ryanwoodie

Post by ryanwoodie » Tue Jan 10, 2023 4:36 am

Gotcha, I assume then that you have your browser set to ask you where you want to save each file before downloading, rather than automatically downloading to a default folder?

I didn't even think of that hiccup, as I haven't used a browser with a per-file save prompt for a long time. Personally, I'd turn off the per-file prompt in the browser if you are downloading lots of files over and over. Unless it only prompts for the first file?

Your wording would cover either scenario, however, so thanks!

The files could be fetched directly, bypassing the browser, which would work better much, but Condor Club uses a redirect and the user has to be signed in, so it needs to use the browser.

It automatically deletes the zip files after they are extracted, but you can specify any folder for it to extract the FTR and IGC files to (with an option to automatically organize in subfolders for each task), and also select the Condor FlightTracks folder which will (optionally) make a copy of just the FTR in there as well. The reason to not just put everything in only the FlightTracks folder is that if one is downloading lots of tracks for analysis it will fill that folder up quite quickly.

It also renames the FTR + IGCs into more descriptive file names.

Kekelekou

Post by Kekelekou » Wed Jan 11, 2023 9:40 pm

ryanwoodie wrote:
Tue Jan 10, 2023 4:36 am
Gotcha, I assume then that you have your browser set to ask you where you want to save each file before downloading, rather than automatically downloading to a default folder?
That is correct! :lol:
I didn't even think of that hiccup, as I haven't used a browser with a per-file save prompt for a long time. Personally, I'd turn off the per-file prompt in the browser if you are downloading lots of files over and over. Unless it only prompts for the first file?
The prompt aims at where the last file was downloaded, so I just have to hit the OK button. Not much of an issue.
Your wording would cover either scenario, however, so thanks!
"Browse to the folder to which you want the FTR zip pacakages to be downloaded" might even be better.

ryanwoodie

Post by ryanwoodie » Tue Jan 24, 2023 3:18 am

I've updated the tool a bit with (hopefully) clearer instructions, and have it auto-downloading even if the user has "Ask where to save each file before downloading" enabled (only in Chrome, though)

https://github.com/ryanwoodie/Condor.Cl ... Downloader

Romicou

Post by Romicou » Sun May 21, 2023 3:33 pm

I tested and it displays invalid zip when downloading??
condor club???