Try to fly longest distance in x minutes

Moderator: BOD1

Paul_UK

Try to fly longest distance in x minutes

Post by Paul_UK » Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:22 am

All

How do you go about setting up a task for CC where the remit is to fly as far as possible in x minutes and how does this work in multiplayer?

Is it not possible to set this type of task to be flown on a server? If there is no start gate then people can start flying away from the launch point as soon as they join the server. Is that how this type of task works?

I've flown a brief trial but still don't 100% understand the variables. When does the task start counting the distance flown? Is it on starting the flight or is it after the 100m height loss?

On the track uploaded it only shows the point at where I quit the flight. There is no indication of where I was positioned at 5min flight time. I assume the flight distance given is that of when I was 5mins into the task?

Anyone with any info on this type of task it'd be appreciated if you could share it. A task like this either thermal or across the Alps would add a little variation to the mix I think.

Cheers
2018 - Silver Badge complete - Forgot I could claim for the 100km diploma flying an out and return :oops:
2019 - Get up to speed and aim for a 300km task?! maybe.....

DanD

Re: Try to fly longest distance in x minutes

Post by DanD » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:15 pm

I tasked one of these a while ago. https://www.condor.club/showtask/0/?id=14499 . If I recall correctly, you create the task by clicking on the departure airport 3 times which gives free distance task. You set distance in minimum time in Condor Club and select the time. Time starts on entry to the game so use airborne start. If you have the Eastern Ontario 2 scenery you can give the task a try; result is measured in m. I think most did a little over 100 km in 60 mins in Club Class. Result is handicapped distance.

In the Flight Analysis, you can select the number of TPs - here is my analysis for 2 TPs: https://www.condor.club/analysis/0/?res=145415&tp=2 . For straight out, select 1 TP - this is post-flight and automatic. You can look at any number of TPs.

Cheers
Dan

Paul_UK

Post by Paul_UK » Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:07 pm

Thanks Dan, that info helps a little. I see to score properly each pilot must upload his trace to the best performance tab as that result appears to be the shortest and would give a straight line distance from the start to the point where time ran out?

I think I'll have a go at setting some of these, they add variety to tasks.

Cheers
2018 - Silver Badge complete - Forgot I could claim for the 100km diploma flying an out and return :oops:
2019 - Get up to speed and aim for a 300km task?! maybe.....

DanD

Post by DanD » Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:33 am

I also run fastest to altitude on wave tasks. NZ2 from Haast works well. Anything to change it up (especially in lockdown).

For scoring - correct; the individual leg (TP) numbers are in analysis, so if someone has a brain-fade and does a triangle everyone can cough up a similar number. I usually set a brisk wind and see if they correctly try a vulgar downwind dash! I also do flat-land only, ridges really are a Vne test.