Uninstalling Landscapes

Moderator: BOD1

DonHar

Uninstalling Landscapes

Post by DonHar » Fri Jan 01, 2021 6:36 pm

In order to increase the spare memory on my C drive, I assumed I could simply temporarily move a landscape onto my backup drive. Obviously not the correct way to do so for on selecting Free Flight I am informed that a landscape is 'Not installed/corrupted'

Can someone please tell me how I can remove then in future replace any landscape?

Thanks

Bre901

Re: Uninstalling Landscapes

Post by Bre901 » Fri Jan 01, 2021 7:49 pm

How did you move it ?

If you remove the folder in the Condor2\Landscapes folder (or move it somewhere else), you shouldn't have any problems

... unless the last flight you did was on that same landscape, in which case Condor will complain (once) about the missing or corrupted landscape when starting, then switch back to the default one, i.e. Slovenia2
CN: MPT — CondorUTill webpage: https://condorutill.fr/

DonHar

Post by DonHar » Sat Jan 02, 2021 4:31 pm

I simply moved the files, but I recall having defined flight plans for the ones I want to relocate and deleting the plans solved the problem with one landscape as Condors no longer complains about it; however, though I have removed all defined flight plans for Slovenia, moving it causes Condor to complain the file is corrupted/missing.

Is there something unique about Slovenia?

wickid

Post by wickid » Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:28 pm

Without slovenia Condor doesnt work. It is the landscape it will default to when you uninstall the others. You should not remove it
PH-1504, KOE

DonHar

Post by DonHar » Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:11 pm

Thank you. Was not aware of that.