Banned from competition for winning races ???

Moderator: BOD1

CristianoConrado

Banned from competition for winning races ???

Post by CristianoConrado » Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:21 pm

For the Condor-club.eu admins.

After the pause of the USNS, all American (South, Central and North), who used to fly everyday at nights looked for a place to meet and fly with all the usual friends at a similar timeframe.

We started to fly in a competition named Nightly Surfing With Aliens, and all Brazilians and usual USNS pilots did that too.
The tasks were great and we were having a lot of fun when a weird issue starts a problem.

After task nº 7 - All pilots received a Condo-Club e-mail from the competition admin "Smoke":

(by Smoke)
"We have long start windows for one reason..to help the new folk get started and for aero tows..it is NOT to be used as a time to pre-fly the course. We had some that decided after flying for 20 min that they'd go back and restart to improve their times. there was no rule last night that would stop this So, here's the first rule for the server....From now on 10/ 22/2020..if you have started and are more than 5 miles from the start you may NOT restart....if you do it anyway..I'll removes your scores..I will be watching..Please remember this is a class 2 easy server having fun is the goal. Please keep your bets with each other out of chat most of us think it stupid and it only goes to displays your over the top attitude, this was never made to service the top 10 guys, Who are supposed to be the world's best computer glider pilots.. in most video games we call this seal clubbing..so please relax and just play. we don't mind that you are flying with us but I would ask you to be a part of the community..help out the slow pilots, join the discord server, be a part of our group..... This is not a replacement for USNS....Sorry if you thought it was...maybe someone will start a new harder server to challenge you, folks, that would be ideal, but here the noob's have the right of way. the tasks are easy 2 and the weather is always good..really no good place for a hero to fly..this is the only place for new pilots to fly and learn. I am not changing that aspect ever. I want more condor pilots, not fewer. Please be a part of making it happen.

thanks take care"

I and all Brasilians did not understand the necessity of this mail, but I tried to help by sending a suggestion.
Notice none of us used the restart exploit, even we think it is completely legal.
(by me)
"Solution for restarting abuse problem.
Data de envio: 22 de out de 2020 às 21:45:30
De: CristianoConrado

Hi,

1 - Use a shorter start gate time.
2 - Put a big TP 5Km away from start.
Nobody can restart after turning TP1.

That is it.

Salute!"

Here starts the real problem.
After winning some races, Smoke just banned me and sent a message, what are: a disservice to the community, irrational discrimination, and a breach of the rules of public and democratic access to racing in open competition.
You can read his message below:

De: Smoke
Para: CristianoConrado
Data de envio: 24 de out de 2020 às 04:23:12
Assunto: Why
Mensagem:
why do you play with us?.....I can read mate you had a lot of balls to say that shit in the game chat.I see your testing this issue.. you are a problem I can see That for sure...you should be running your own server....not playing with the newbies.. why don't you put together a server and run the A side I'll run the B side.....this is going to end badly if something isn't done about this...I'm really not interested in flying with the glider GODS...would you take all of them with you since they look up to you.... why, I'll never know you add nothing to the game as far as I can see... and somehow this makes you important in what way??..... you're killing the new players off here just like in USNS...... it is becoming silly to even play with you... if you're running a Utube channel and want us to feed it with noobs for you to beat that's not going to happen...Take a hint and go fly somewhere else..I'm doing this one on one with you.I don't want all the drama you bring to the server...so sorry mate unless you can tell me why you here and convince me not to boot you out...Cya' Brick wall

We have plenty of very good pilots flying there: Mark Rebuck, Redman, Mike Canfield, Nik Neiva (also punished), Arnold Pieper, Marcelo Cenci, and others. It is not a kindergarten.
After that a posted a reply to him, it is not polished, and for being clear and fair, I will post it too.

RE: Why
Data de envio: 24 de out de 2020 às 17:16:08
De: CristianoConrado

So you are banning pilots for winning races?
You did that with Neiva and now you do it to me.
You can not ban or discriminate against a pilot for being a good pilot or winning a competition.
You can not ban a pilot for restarting a race into the legal start gate.
It is against the rules of Condor Club, the rules of the task are clear.
Competition is about trying to win and banning good pilots just denies the opportunity to the inexperienced ones to have a real parameter of how good or how bad are his decisions.
No one newbie will have concessions in real competition and all you are providing without real competitors is an illusion.
When they left your kids bowel, the only thing they will find is frustration, as your frustration for just being a loser who is not ready to learn and win.
Your behavior is silly and I will report you.

You are nothing more than a joke.

So Condor-club.eu, admins, please, someone explains to this guy we do not ban a pilot for flying the best he can and do not allow racism or xenophobia (to the Brazilians), in Condor-Club.
I have all the races on video (stream at YouTube - CristianoConrado ), so anyone can see I never offended or abused any other pilot or did anything offensive at all.

I think Condor Club needs to clarify the rules of the community to avoid future abuse and discrimination like this one.

Regards,

Cristiano

mattm

Re: Banned from competition for winning races ???

Post by mattm » Sun Oct 25, 2020 7:02 pm

I'll also point out that Conrado streamed his flight on Youtube; it's still available to be watched there:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKbEBRfLOFo

The launch was by aerotow. His towplane towed him to a dying cloud upwind from the start, about 5km from the ridge where I got dropped. In the process of climbing back up for his start he left the start gate several times. He never went more than about 2-3km down the course line.

The more useful way to restrict racers from checking out long bits of the course before start is either: longer race in time (1 minute is not enough for aerotow, since the last starters will be still on tow while others start), or a very short first leg (e.g. 5km).

I'm disappointed that this competition is being run like this. MNS has been around longer that I've been flying Condor (almost 13 years now). USNS is younger than that, but with races every day that's a huge number of tasks run. For pilots in the Western Hemisphere, those two competitions have pretty much been our best option all these years -- lower pings, active times lining up with evenings, etc. A new competition in that time slot was a really positive development, I thought. But, I'll be doing my flying elsewhere now.

Matt