Gold Badge, Cannot Get a Legitimate Start

Moderator: BOD1

Skypig

Gold Badge, Cannot Get a Legitimate Start

Post by Skypig » Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:09 am

I've been trying to start the task for the gold badge on Arc Alpin2.

When the starting grid turns green (race starts) and I enter it, go around the turn point at the correct altitude, then leave the starting grid, it says BRenkert (me) has started the task, but it does not show the time and distance when I press the Tab key for the HUD. I've completed the task, but never had a time and distance.
I have tried this multiple times and get the same results. I have also done the picture down the left wing thing (multiple times). Still no help.
I've made sure I have not been in and out, then back in and out of the starting grid (no restarts). I actually did this the first time, and thought that was the issue for that run.
I have even made sure I was in the grid when the race started. No difference.
I'm thinking I should try another task and see if it works.
Am I missing something here?

tiberius

Re: Gold Badge, Cannot Get a Legitimate Start

Post by tiberius » Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:36 am

Is real-time scoring checked in the flight planner NOTAM tab? If not that explains it however that might be a prerequisite of a badge task so must remain unchecked.

What happens when you upload the flight track to condor club?

Does condor advise that the task has completed with a message and round of applause?

Bre901

Post by Bre901 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:52 am

If you look at the [NOTAM] tab in the flight planner, you can see that the "Allow real time scoring" tick-box is indeed unchecked, so no time and distance flown will be shown.

If you see "YOUR_NAME started task" the task is indeed started. The time, distance and average speed will be visible once you have competed the task.

As tiberius asked, did you hear the applause and see the "YOUR_NAME completed task" when you crossed the finish line ?

If yes, just upload the resulting ftr to Condor-Club.

BTW, for tasks with PDA allowed, taking a screenshot with the start point and your left wing is totally useless.
CN: MPT — CondorUTill webpage: https://condorutill.fr/

Skypig

Post by Skypig » Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:11 am

Thanx guys. I did the task on BigPyrenees2 and when I completed it I got the applause and then the HUD popped up with a time and speed (I believe that was when I landed). It was not there during the flight, though.
I don't remember the Arc Alpin ever coming back with the info popping up on the screen, but I did get the applause at the end, and the Flight Analysis shows I completed the task.
I submitted the Big Pyranees .ftr and it was accepted. WhoHoo! The performance on that one was much better than the Arc Alpin flight.
Now I know not to worry if I don't see the HUD, things are still working as they should. I would rather see it there though, it would tease me to try to go faster.
Thanx again. This is fun. Especially making saves from 600 feet. Reminds me of my hang gliding days.