Flight track problem

Moderator: BOD1

JLN

Flight track problem

Post by JLN » Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:59 pm

Hello
I have made a task flying on a Swift. This glider has no pda so I started the task with a snapshot and got "started the task". I passed all turning points correctly (with no information) finished the task and landed correctly.
The problem is that in the flown distance is incorrect in my ftr file. When loaded in condor club the flight analysis shows all TP passed and the map is correct but the task is not validated.
What have I missed ?
Thanks for any help
JLN

BOD1

Re: Flight track problem

Post by BOD1 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:16 pm

I'm working on it from noon, I see the same problem. PDA is enabled in notam but Swift doesn't have one. Task is made with a majority of Window TP (including start) and passing through window at start doesn't trigger race start (gate was open). I even tried to screen shot my left wing passing the window but was not successful :oops: .
I can't remember if screenshot is needed for windowed tp, is that a bug? if it's not a bug, how to do it? It's tricky to fly through window by looking left wing and find the good timing to shot.

For your problem, if screenshot of TP is mandatory, then you have to shot ALL tp, not only the first one.
Please use this button to send me a PM, Forum messaging is too limited.

JLN

Post by JLN » Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:37 pm

Hello
Thanks a lot for your reply
I dont know if snapshot is mandatory for all tp but for some windows it would be nearly impossible.

Another point. One pilot succeeded to have this circuit ( HBH Power Alps 2) validated on Swift but all the TP including Start are mentionned "not turned"
So I wonder how he did. When I tried to do the full task without snapshot at the beginning my task was noted Task not started

Regards
JLN

EDB
Location: The Netherlands, Europe Continent, Earth Planet, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Super Cluster

Post by EDB » Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:46 pm

If the message "started the task" appears, the start is succesfull.

If the PDA is not allowed on task, then you have to make a screenshot of the Startpoint with wingtip.

But then you also have to make a turnpoint screenshot of the TP and wingtip. If you do this correctly, you will get a confirmation also.

I read that you didn't do that...

BOD1

Post by BOD1 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:54 pm

Erwin, PDA is allowed but not equipped on Swift. Start (and other TP) are windowed.

JLN

Post by JLN » Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:04 pm

Thanks for your help

I tried again this circuit. It is possible to take a snapsnot on the Start. The window is low and near earth. I noticed that it is not necessary to go trough the window but only to be at the good altitude. But for other windows high or partly hidden it would be impossible to get the basis of the TP. The basis of one normal tp is hidden when passing so ?
And as some TP are passed very fast I cant imagine snapshoting...

But maybe I am a poor pilot...

Best regards

EDB
Location: The Netherlands, Europe Continent, Earth Planet, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Super Cluster

Post by EDB » Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:06 pm

Oops.
I didn't read about windows in the question topic. I assumed a no PDA allowed.
With no pda allowed you need sectors... so PDA is allowed in this case.

Then with pda allowed its is just going through the windows at the correct altitudes and directions. You can make a start screenshot, but it doesn't do anything.

The problem he has is he can't see the windows he has to go through at the correct attitudes and direction. And don't forget the window width that is usually quit small, and don't forget the reported attitudes can be off by 50m. They are reported in 100m interval's.

And to repeat: windows are unidirectional... Another tricky thing.

JLN

Post by JLN » Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:58 pm

Thanks for your reply

I have no problems with windows, I did this circuit without pb in Diana. The problem is Swift. It cannot have pda. Passing all Tp correctly makes " Task not started" . Taking a snapshot of start makes "Task started, outland" and wrong distance but all TP are mentionned passed and finish too.

Condor knows when the windows are passed, I tried and got a penaly passing a windows in the reverse way.

And the analysis of the pilot who got "Task finished" with the Swift mentions Not turned for all TP, start and finish

What is the trick ?

Regards

BOD1

Post by BOD1 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:46 pm

Erwin, I tried too, I've generally no problem to see windows:) Here, all is correct and visible, windows are crossed in the right direction. The fact PDA is allowed BUT the swift doesn't have PDA seems to generate a glitch where we have to take a screenshot while passing window.

Jean-Luc, the analysis came from Condor Club, I check the whole flight path and compute if and when the TP is turned/the window crossed with my own program. That's why you see it's complete, because I know precisely you flown to the right place and screenshot validation is not needed. Condor has noted you didn't cross the 2nd TP and stop scoring there.

JLN

Post by JLN » Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:17 pm

Thanks for your reply.
All this is clear. I supposed effectively that Condor stopped counting after the second window.
Your program is very efficient. What a pity that it does not declares my task valid !!
The last question is : is there a setting to have the result of the Swift pilot who had his flight validated with all turnpoints mentionned "not turned". Or has he taken all screenshots ? But I think that no.

Best regards
JLN