Competition and Scoring modules upgraded

Moderator: BOD1

BOD1

Competition and Scoring modules upgraded

Post by BOD1 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:05 am

Several changes and features have been introduced in today's release of Condor Club web site (some were introduced before but not announced):

Competition:
GrandPrix has been improved:
  • Penalty points can be converted to Penalty seconds, thanks to a ratio set by organizer.
  • Speed of start line crossing is computed and 5 seconds of penalty are applied per kilometer/hour above 170 kph (real 3D speed is computed, not the ground or air speed)
  • Optional minimal security altitude for finish can be defined. 3 seconds of penalty for each meter below this minimal altitude is applied.
  • Ranking fixed
Tasks:
Task setter can restrict allowed gliders in race to a single glider, a single class (it's already possible to do that with Flight Planner, but now you can announce your whole competition is restricted to a single class) , or to a list of gliders within a handicap range (list is displayed on site and in briefing).

Scoring:
Handicap is taken into account according to the class defined in the flight plan.
  • DAeC handicap is applied if selected class is one of All, School, 20-meter multiseat, Two seater (legacy),
  • IGC handicap is applied if select class is Club (please note Condor uses DAeC index to score Club class),
  • No handicap, whatever the class, if competition is GrandPrix or task is restricted to a single glider.
Logic has been tested but bugs may occur in real conditions, please report any of them. And as usual, comments are welcome :)
Please use this button to send me a PM, Forum messaging is too limited.

BOD1

Re: Competition and Scoring modules upgraded

Post by BOD1 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:26 pm

Small addition, in competition task results, organizer can now add extra penalties, in addition to Condor regular penalties (dangerous flying, wrong thermaling direction, bad behavior, ...)

Thank you to Pit for the idea!

Pit_R

Post by Pit_R » Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:08 pm

Thank you Thierry!
Let's hope there will be no reason to use this feature. :)
No matter where you go... There you are...

:::: Please use this envelope
to send me a PM.

mada2000

Post by mada2000 » Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:04 am

BOD1 wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:05 am
Scoring:
Handicap is taken into account according to the class defined in the flight plan.
  • DAeC handicap is applied if selected class is one of All, School, 20-meter multiseat, Two seater (legacy),
  • IGC handicap is applied if select class is Club (please note Condor uses DAeC index to score Club class),
  • No handicap, whatever the class, if competition is GrandPrix or task is restricted to a single glider.
Logic has been tested but bugs may occur in real conditions, please report any of them. And as usual, comments are welcome :)
Thierry - please let me know without any doubts: If I want to switch off handicap for instance for Regatta and use single class eg. 18m what should I do?
Rgds
Adam
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

BOD1

Post by BOD1 » Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:32 pm

Just select 18-meter class in Competition module/Task editor, set the same class in FPL to avoid people choosing another glider.
Start type doesn't determine application of handicap.