Virtual World Glider Aerobatic Championship _ Project

Moderator: BOD1

Luca Bertossio

Virtual World Glider Aerobatic Championship _ Project

Post by Luca Bertossio » Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:53 pm

Hi everyone!
Hope you are doing weel beside this period...

So, my idea (now that I'm setup with Condor 2) is to organize a Virutal World Glider Aerobatic Championship.
Just to be clear, I can fly, I can promote it but I'm not the most competent guy here to organize all the rest.

I thought abot the rules but I truly need some buddy to help me out with this and of course if whom concerned have some good idea please do not hesitate to chat with me.

Sincerely

LB

Al-Batross

Re: Virtual World Glider Aerobatic Championship _ Project

Post by Al-Batross » Sun Apr 19, 2020 11:38 am

oh wow Celebs here :)
Unfortunately it looks like the Aerobatics community isn't very active on Condor2.

Do you have anybody who could help painting your virtual glider like in real life. Maybe someone from the Sponsors? Then you could promote your plan by doing a demo reel maybe compare real life and simulation video material.

Great work on your outreach for gliding sports and on your youttube channel.

Sorry, i can't help except promoting this thread. I for myself try to get a small training competition for Austrian XC Juniors going. And also looking for hints here...

mumblecake

Post by mumblecake » Thu May 21, 2020 11:40 am

This is really sad, such a missed opportunity. Having one of the currently active greats of aerobatics involved with this could have given so much more clout to Condor. I would have expected this to get picked up by the Condor team and Condor Club team personally.

Well, I guess we will never know how good it could have been (especially with the spectator mode now)

Sprunga

Post by Sprunga » Thu May 21, 2020 12:03 pm

I completely missed this post! Is there any interest from Luca still?

mumblecake

Post by mumblecake » Thu May 21, 2020 12:45 pm

Doubt it. With restrictions being lifted everywhere he can probably enjoy the real thing again already or at least shortly. Not much point of organising this now when it is already forseeable that interest is going to be waning very soon.

Filgueiras

Post by Filgueiras » Thu May 21, 2020 1:12 pm

Sprunga wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 12:03 pm
I completely missed this post! Is there any interest from Luca still?
I learned to access this forum through the "active topics", in Quick links. Do it every now and then, and you'll miss none.

Greetings, from southern hemisfere

janjansen

Post by janjansen » Thu May 21, 2020 1:22 pm

I think its still worth pursuing or at least thinking about how such a thing would work.
I dont know the first thing about aerobatic competitions, or really aerobatic flying, but if there is an event, I can see myself and least a few other pilots giving it a try, even if just for a laugh initially as I expect most of us to be absolutely terrible at it. At least I know I would be. It might even be fun to include 1 aerobatic task in a multi day race if we can find a competent judge. Aerobatics has at least 2 interesting advantages over normal racings tasks: it doesnt take as much time, and its rather spectator friendly.