OK people, I give up CWC ( Actually, I didn't )

Moderator: BOD1

Filgueiras

OK people, I give up CWC ( Actually, I didn't )

Post by Filgueiras » Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:59 am

For the second time, I am not allowed to participate in this competition. Today, and in training day, I got an error message * host refused connection* or *host not found*. And I tried, many times, till to joining time run out.

Maybe I did something wrong, I don't know. The other day, I asked so, and apparently the server was reaaly not open, But today, this seems not to be the case.

Would a good soul explain me, *For Dummies Style* how a connect to a competition? BTW, I've been successful with some multiplayer tasks.

Thank you, for your patience
Last edited by Filgueiras on Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EDB
Location: The Netherlands, Europe Continent, Earth Planet, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Super Cluster

Re: OK people, I give up CWC

Post by EDB » Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:25 am

You can get this message if the jointime has past. For CWC the time to join is only 20 minutes.

wickid

Post by wickid » Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:33 am

There are several servers with different start times. Have a good look which one you are trying:

"CWC2020 Svr A - 19:15 UTC" which I was in yesterday is joinable from 19:15 UTC until 19:35 UTC. But be quick with this one because it fills up quite rapidly and might be full pretty quickly. That also causes the rejected connection message.

I think you have either tried to join a full server or one of the earlier servers where the race was already in progress. The serverlist only updates every few minutes so it might not accurately depict the number of players and if the jointime window is still open.
PH-1504, KOE

Filgueiras

Post by Filgueiras » Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:37 pm

EDB, wickid,

I am aware of the multiple servers, and I was on time to login. Also, the servers were not crowded, I was trying the servers 23:15 A and B.

So let me ask my stupid question: Where do I click to join the race? The briefing tells me how to post my .ftr, but nothing about how to participate. So, I went to the condor serverlist. Is this correct?

Thanks again,

Filgueiras

Post by Filgueiras » Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:44 pm

Just now I found my bookmark to the CondorClub serverlist.

Is this the one to be used?

wickid

Post by wickid » Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:01 pm

Filgueiras wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:37 pm
EDB, wickid,

I am aware of the multiple servers, and I was on time to login. Also, the servers were not crowded, I was trying the servers 23:15 A and B.

So let me ask my stupid question: Where do I click to join the race? The briefing tells me how to post my .ftr, but nothing about how to participate. So, I went to the condor serverlist. Is this correct?

Thanks again,
Doesn't matter. Serverlists can be found here:

http://www.condorsoaring.com/serverlist ... arch=cndr2
http://www.condor-club.eu/serverinfo/222/
https://condor.hitziger.net/serverlist/

But they all show the same servers because they mostly use the same data provided by the main server list (top link)

Are you sure you were on time? Note that the servers times are UTC. I don't know where you are located so I can't tell you the correct local time. "Host rejected connection" message usually indicates the jointime is over. Also try "CTRL + F5" to clear you cache and reload the serverlist page next time.
PH-1504, KOE

Filgueiras

Post by Filgueiras » Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:36 pm

wickid wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:01 pm
Filgueiras wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:37 pm

Are you sure you were on time? Note that the servers times are UTC. I don't know where you are located so I can't tell you the correct local time. "Host rejected connection" message usually indicates the jointime is over. Also try "CTRL + F5" to clear you cache and reload the serverlist page next time.
Yes, I was on time. 23:15 UTC equals 20:15 here. I'd have to wait a while to read the briefing, when I accessed the serverlist CWC 23:15 server A/B showed 1 minute time up.

EDB
Location: The Netherlands, Europe Continent, Earth Planet, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Super Cluster

Post by EDB » Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:15 pm

*host refused connection*
...or your ping was/is too high. Servers usually have a ping of 600ms as max.

Filgueiras

Post by Filgueiras » Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:39 pm

EDB wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:15 pm
...or your ping was/is too high. Servers usually have a ping of 600ms as max.
Usually, around 260, in other tasks

Filgueiras

Post by Filgueiras » Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:51 pm

Problem vanished :D

And I learned something important: I don't need to have a landscape installed to participate in the CWC race. I logged in just to see what happens, totally unprepared, and without time, do play, and *it worked*.

Great! Let's wait for the Big Pyrénées :D

OXO
Condor Team

Post by OXO » Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:02 pm

Filgueiras wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:51 pm
And I learned something important: I don't need to have a landscape installed to participate in the CWC race. I logged in just to see what happens, totally unprepared, and without time, do play, and *it worked*.

Well that can't be completly true. You must have the landscape installed which is used in that race.
Chris Wedgwood,
Condor Team

Filgueiras

Post by Filgueiras » Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:05 pm

OXO wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:02 pm

You must have the landscape installed which is used in that race.
That's what I thought. I was taken by surprise when the landscape loaded, because I was not aware I had it.

Thank you