XP challenges are back!

Moderator: BOD1

BOD1

XP challenges are back!

Post by BOD1 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:04 pm

XP challenges are back for Condor 2!

Like multiplayer role playing game, you have to complete challenges in order to get eXperience Points and gain access to the next level.

Currently the first 8 levels are ready, more levels will be added regularly.
Please use this button to send me a PM, Forum messaging is too limited.

mhs

Re: XP challenges are back!

Post by mhs » Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:12 pm

Has anyone managed Condor2 XP level 06? Does touching the window mean any part of the glider?
The test is to land through a 20m wide, 10m high window with a 17m wingspan glider, severe turbulence.
and a 20kt cross wind in zero visibility (the window is mostly filled with turn point marker).

MrHerisson

Post by MrHerisson » Fri Nov 29, 2019 5:24 pm

mhs wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:12 pm
Has anyone managed Condor2 XP level 06? Does touching the window mean any part of the glider?
The test is to land through a 20m wide, 10m high window with a 17m wingspan glider, severe turbulence.
and a 20kt cross wind in zero visibility (the window is mostly filled with turn point marker).
I must admit this was THE hard one....especially the visiblity issue and the way the wind is stopping the plane as soon as you touch down.
I had to try a few times...

Please, keep them coming.

Paul_UK

Post by Paul_UK » Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:24 pm

I've been having a play with these in the ASK21. The ASK21 does not roll at all, it comes to a stop way too quickly without using any brake.

The tasks are strange as we aim to do fully held off landings in general but to complete the tasks I'm having to use the Blanik, which rolls better, and make initial touch down at around 60kts - 70kts :lol:

Yet to complete number 6, had a few goes, just need to kick the rudder sooner on landing to prevent the glider turning into the wind and missing the 2nd gate.

Edit: Level 6 1st attempt today. Did get a little but lucky and used a little wing dipping on landing to see me through the 2nd gate :mrgreen:
2018 - Silver Badge complete - Forgot I could claim for the 100km diploma flying an out and return :oops:
2019 - Get up to speed and aim for a 300km task?! maybe.....

mhs

Post by mhs » Fri Dec 27, 2019 8:44 pm

It eventually required about 6 tries to get through level 6, with the k21 I found it best ignore standard
landing technique and fly low, fast and level through the first gate, this gives some opportunity to adjust
aim for the second gate, get the wheel on the ground just before second gate marker with full left rudder.
The only other level requiring multiple tries was 8, a timed 1000m thermal. You have to find the best lift and
have a plan to get through the gates without wasting any time.

Filgueiras

Post by Filgueiras » Sat Dec 28, 2019 4:24 pm

I also only could succeed in level 6 using a blanik :mrgreen:

BTW, XP challenges are great training tool, I've learned a lot, mainly in level 6 and in level 8.

Many thanks to you, developers!!

Paul_UK

Post by Paul_UK » Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:27 pm

mhs wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 8:44 pm
It eventually required about 6 tries to get through level 6, with the k21 I found it best ignore standard
landing technique and fly low, fast and level through the first gate, this gives some opportunity to adjust
aim for the second gate, get the wheel on the ground just before second gate marker with full left rudder.
The only other level requiring multiple tries was 8, a timed 1000m thermal. You have to find the best lift and
have a plan to get through the gates without wasting any time.
I didn't realise you could land anywhere between the two gates! I was putting the wheel down passing through the first gate hence not being able to roll far enough. I'll try it again in the ASK21 taking into account the land long tip. The downside to an ASK21 is the poor rudder authority it has, compared to other gliders I've flown in RL.

I have maybe spent too long messing around in thermals in Condor 1 and Condor 2 as I completed level 8 first attempt using the K8. I didn't have many seconds spare however, I think around 15 off the top of my head. I'm still yet to all out master centering though I'm getting there slowly but surely.
2018 - Silver Badge complete - Forgot I could claim for the 100km diploma flying an out and return :oops:
2019 - Get up to speed and aim for a 300km task?! maybe.....