Grand Prix scoring without Regatta start

Moderator: BOD1

janjansen

Grand Prix scoring without Regatta start

Post by janjansen » Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:51 am

Thierry,

Currently when you want to use GP scoring, you need to upload tasks with regatta starts. Which makes sense for regular competitions, but this is unfortunate for my red bull challenge with extremely short trick tasks. I would really like GP scoring because on some 5 minute "VNE from start to finish" tasks the difference between top pilots could be sub second, in other tasks it could much much more. With 1000 point scoring that makes no sense, as almost everyone would have ~999 points on the short tasks and only the longer ones would really matter.

But using regatta start for offline (trick) tasks also makes little sense, and complicates things both for me and the pilots, as I would need to time exactly the time required to climb to altitude and fly towards the start gate and for the pilots, just timing the start would become almost as important as anything else they do in the flight.

Any suggestions? Can i perhaps temporarily change the scoring the system to 1000 points before uploading a new task, then change it back after the upload and do this throughout the competition for each new task upload?