Unable to upload FTR

Moderator: BOD1

Filgueiras

Re: Unable to upload FTR

Post by Filgueiras » Wed Jan 19, 2022 4:04 am

I got the task in VirtualSoaring server list. And I started it direct from the list. It was ARGENTINA CUP AST, and I saw no warnings about a thing

Paul_UK

Post by Paul_UK » Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:33 am

Filgueiras wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:55 pm
janjansen wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:17 pm
Im pretty much out of ideas. You do quit the flight before uploading the FTR? If I where you, I would make a habit of going in to the analyse flight menu after your flight, see if it correctly shows your entire flight, then save the FTR under a different name. It may not solve the problem, but at least shed some more light on the issue.
It happened to me, today. I flew a 100 minutes task, and was unable to upload the .ftr because of

"Warning: Task parameters are out of Condor's range. The flight plan (.FPL file) has been manually edited by the task setter or the host!"

I didn't edit the fpl, did someone else do, while I was flying?

Is there something to be done, to save the register?

BTW, flight analysis shows the flight correctly
Have you still got the task? Fire up Condor and post up a screen shot of the date of the task. Could be that the year has populated incorrectly, i.e. 0202 instead of 2020. This can throw an error when uploading to CC but the flight analysis will still load in Condor.

If it's not that it's what Wickid states and a variable in the FPL has been set outside of Condor's GUI norm range and CC doesn't allow the FTR to upload. As far as I'm aware the only variable you can alter manually and still be able to upload the FTR to CC is the TP diameter, which allows AAT tasks to be set.
2018 - Silver Badge complete - Forgot I could claim for the 100km diploma flying an out and return :oops:
2019 - Get up to speed and aim for a 300km task?! maybe.....

Filgueiras

Post by Filgueiras » Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:10 am

Here it is, the screenshot.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

BOD1

Post by BOD1 » Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:50 am

Your task looks like an AAT, with large TP radius.
Condor doesn't support AAT and radius size in Condor can't be set over 5000m.
If Condor Club knows this task (ie the FPL has been posted on CC and tagged as AAT), the 5000m limit is ignored.

I suppose that's your case here, FPL has not been posted on CC (and the server logs indicating several FTRs have been rejected recently because of a too large TP).

Thierry
Please use this button to send me a PM, Forum messaging is too limited.

Filgueiras

Post by Filgueiras » Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:03 pm

BOD1 wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:50 am

Condor doesn't support AAT and radius size in Condor can't be set over 5000m.
If Condor Club knows this task (ie the FPL has been posted on CC and tagged as AAT), the 5000m limit is ignored.

I suppose that's your case here, FPL has not been posted on CC (and the server logs indicating several FTRs have been rejected recently because of a too large TP).

Thierry
The FPL is on CC, see below. When loaded to Condor, the properties of TP are shown with TPradius= 5000 ( but in map, drawn with 15000m )
I don't know if the plan has been modified, but the page of the task shows 15000m, with several ftr uploaded.
I'll attach the fpl saved here.

https://www.condor.club/comp/showtask/0/?id=20638
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

BOD1

Post by BOD1 » Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:08 pm

Did you fly it online (FPL was provided by the server) or offline (you loaded the FPL into Condor) ?
Please upload the FTR (check your PM) so I'll have a deeper look.

BOD1

Post by BOD1 » Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:33 pm

So...
FTR is valid and accepted by Condor Club.
The problem is you are not registered to this competition, so you are not allowed to post any FTR.

Filgueiras

Post by Filgueiras » Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:28 pm

BOD1 wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:33 pm
So...
The problem is you are not registered to this competition, so you are not allowed to post any FTR.
So, that's it. My problem was, I received a confusing message.

Filgueiras

Post by Filgueiras » Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:11 am

BOD1 wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:33 pm
So...
It happened again.

Is there a way to find what are the tasks listed in the serverlists that will not allow me to upload the ftr?

roberthercules

Post by roberthercules » Sun Apr 03, 2022 3:27 pm

I tried to upload an FTR file yesterday for a task completed that I have flown many times before including a couple of days before. The FTR files for previous flights were all accepted normally. On this occasion I received the following response: "Warning: Plane unknown.
Task parameters are out of Condor's range. The flight plan (.FPL file) has been manually edited by the task setter or the host!". I was concerned that my copy of the Condor programme may have been corrupted so today I uninstalled Condor (version 1) and reinstalled it from my CD followed by downloading updates from the Condor site to upgrade to the latest version (1.15). I have flown the same task again today and once again tried to upload the resulting FTR file. The response was the same. I read the previous entries regarding exactly the same issue but could not see anything to suggest that the cause of the problem had been found. I am not aware of any software changes that have taken place on my PC between the successful upload of an FTR file a couple of days before seeing this problem.
I would be very grateful for any advice.

BOD1

Post by BOD1 » Sun Apr 03, 2022 3:39 pm

From logs, it appears FTRs from Condor v1 are incorrectly decoded by Condor Club. I sent you a PM.

BOD1

Post by BOD1 » Sun Apr 03, 2022 9:32 pm

Fixed! Could you please try uploading your FTR again?

jtoews

Post by jtoews » Fri Dec 23, 2022 12:46 am

I just did a race for GLGC https://www.condor.club/comp/showtask/208/?id=22205 and tried to upload my ftr file through the task race results page, and am getting this message when it fails:
Warning: Cannot read Flight Track, maybe an old version? FTR v1.0.9 and above are supported.
Too many PenaltyZones in FTR! (9) pos=0
Which looks the same as the original problem in this thread, but I don't see any solution.

I am running Condor 2.1.8 which is the latest patch, and I have the latest hanger. There was no indication of problem during the actual flight, and I am able review the entire flight in Condor with no problems. I tried saving again, and comparing the two files and they are identical byte for byte. Same goes for the LastTrack.ftr. I tried to attach the file here in case someone can come up with a solution but this page complains it is too large (its only 3075 Kb). I can't access google drive on this computed due to company restrictions, so if are interested, email me at toews0004@gmail.com and I will send a copy.

BOD1

Post by BOD1 » Fri Dec 23, 2022 1:14 am

The task is not found on CC!?
Anyway, maybe the upload went wrong and you just have to retry uploading or, according to the error message, more than expected and allowed penalty zones have been created (but I think it's the first solution, garbage has been received and FTR decoder found incorrect data)

Martingo

Post by Martingo » Wed Mar 08, 2023 11:30 pm

Hello guys,
when i upload my .ftr file for the contest on condor.club, the upload stops after few milliseconds and i see a blank page with just the websiteheader on it. Does anyone know what to do? I think I don't need premium subsciption for this, right?
I tried some other .ftr file to test if it works and it happens the same. Help :(