Downloading from Condor Club site is very slow

Moderator: BOD1

n98Bk9-NT3

Downloading from Condor Club site is very slow

Post by n98Bk9-NT3 » Sat May 05, 2018 3:24 pm

Hello,

I am trying to download sceneries from Condor Club, that it is too slow, less than 20 KB/sec, then always interrupted.

I am connecting from Japan, but is that a problem?

If someone give me a suggestion to improve downloading speed, it is highly appreciated.

Naoki

Cloud Mariner

Re: Downloading from Condor Club site is very slow

Post by Cloud Mariner » Tue May 08, 2018 7:42 am

Hey Naoki

Noticed this over the weekend too and then, it sped up. I see that it says on the site "Premium membership doesn't have speed limits on download. Currently, you have a full-speed download for 15 seconds then the speed is reduced."

I'm not a member yet but maybe there's some gold plated easing of speed that comes with that enhanced status.

MARCU365

Post by MARCU365 » Tue May 08, 2018 8:51 am

Hi Naoki,

Try: http://gliderracing.com/pub/sceneries.aspx
They have a few sceneries to download without speed restriction. Condor club is very slow :roll:

Marcus

n98Bk9-NT3

Post by n98Bk9-NT3 » Tue May 08, 2018 4:18 pm

Thanks all,

Glider racing site gives more than 1 MB/sec for me. It's very good speed, but it has few sceneries.

I am one of Premier members of Condor Club.
But, download speed from Condor club as below;
#8 is me, 39 KiB/s. #4 is not me but someone from Japan, 108KiB/s. Much faster!

I do not know why the same PC gives me quite different speed from Condor Club and Glider Racing.

I would like to download and enjoy latest sceneries!!!

Naoki

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

sadatoni

Post by sadatoni » Tue May 08, 2018 5:40 pm

Some things to try. Reboot you router and modem. Will it fix anything? Probably not, but who knows.

I had slow downloads once and after the modem went through a reboot cycle (caused by my ISP), everything went back to normal - 70-95 Mbps downloads. Didn't make any sense since downloads from other places were working fine.
N5503T CN(0OU)

John Ferguson

kharmon

Post by kharmon » Sat May 12, 2018 3:16 pm

I'm in California and I have been a premium member since July of 2017. I have had no issues with download speeds from CC, but I had speed related issues before i became a member. I'm not a huge fan of pay to download sites that offer other peoples work, but its a pretty well organized site that offers more than landscapes. Definitely worth the ~$12 I spent for a year of bandwidth.

ps. Just downloaded Denmark for V2 in 15 minutes, 35 slots available at the time. It may have something to do with all of Europe being asleep at the time :mrgreen:
8Zulu

jjmaloss

Post by jjmaloss » Wed May 16, 2018 9:13 pm

I noticed that at the time of Condor 1, If got downloading speeds of 80 kB/s up to 800 MB and 160 kB/s above. Now I do have the feeling that the site owners may have changed the rules of the game quietly. In the evening (after 03:00Z ?) I get 40 kB/s even if extra slots are available. In the morning (after 13:00 Z) up to 21:00Z, I get fluctuating download speeds between ~80 kB/s and 200 kB/s. When I examine the download speeds, I am almost always the slowest. Am I accessing to a blacklisted site that my ISP does not like? It would be nice if the webmaster would put in writing the rules for downloading instead of saying : non -premium members will get download speeds reduced after 15 seconds (which in my case is almost always untrue). However, my ISP let me download at 2.65 MB/s except Youtube where it throttles me down severely. Moreover, the webmaster should offer *simple* means of continuing downloads after being kicked off. This clogs the downloads and helps nobody: redundant information is transmitted many times. My 2 centimes de piastre comment.

BOD1

Post by BOD1 » Thu May 17, 2018 10:41 am

I changed host in april and my canadian mirror has been shut down 2 months ago.

I've absolutely no rules/limits on download for premium users. If it's slow, it's because of the poor peering connections between the server, the bunch of routes and your router, or your ISP doesn't care about net neutrality and rules on what must be fast/slow on their network.

In case of stopped download, Condor Club supports partial downloads (continuing download from where your browser was, premium feature only).
Please use this button to send me a PM, Forum messaging is too limited.

n98Bk9-NT3

Post by n98Bk9-NT3 » Fri May 18, 2018 6:23 pm

Thank all,

jjmaloss and BOD1's suggestions guided me to find a solution.

I tried to use Tunnel Bear VPN to connect Canada, then download speed has become skyrocketed, more than 1 MB/sec.

When I tried US, then acceptable range for sceneries, hundreds KB/sec. But, Europe or Japan, too-ooo slow.

Maybe, it would be an ISP routing issue.

Now, I am comfortable to wait for a new big scenery.

Naoki

BOD1

Post by BOD1 » Fri May 18, 2018 10:51 pm

Great to know! I was looking for a hosting solution in Japan or China, but prices are just insane :x
Please use this button to send me a PM, Forum messaging is too limited.