New badges for Condor 2

Moderator: BOD1

wickid

Re: New badges for Condor 2

Post by wickid » Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:39 am

Looks like you are not in the start sector when you take the screenshot. The task is started when you het the message "... has started the task" at the bottom left of the screen.
PH-1504, KOE

TiGuy82

Post by TiGuy82 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:33 am

wickid wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:39 am
Looks like you are not in the start sector when you take the screenshot. The task is started when you het the message "... has started the task" at the bottom left of the screen.
In fact I didn't see the message and I think why. I didn't take the picture to the base of the turnpoint help. Let's see if I can do it. I need More pratice. :lol:

Rickyard

Post by Rickyard » Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:33 pm

I too am finding getting the 'started' message on the following silver task impossible

https://www.condor-club.eu/showtask/0/?id=11477

I have almost a video of 'S' shots showing my port wing and the base of the start pole. Probably 100 shots at 1 second intervals as I fly around the pole so one of them has to be in the start sector.

Blanik. No water, no changes to the .fpl - just take off and fly.

So what might I be doing wrong...

I've got the default .bmp instead of .jpg for snapshot?
I use multiple monitors - but snapshot ONLY uses monitor 1 and I've turned to have wing and pole in monitor 1?

I would post shots but .bmp isn't an allowed extension for attachments and neither is .ftr.

Happy to try to diagnose, just tell me what to do please.

Simon

EDB
Location: The Netherlands, Europe Continent, Earth Planet, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Super Cluster

Post by EDB » Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:28 pm

.bmp or .jpg doesn't matter.

What matters:
- start window open
- glider in sector
- wingtip and turnpoint at AGL in one screenshot
- when with multiple monitors, #1 only

Rickyard

Post by Rickyard » Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:49 pm

Thanks EDB. I believe I've done all that. I get "The race is on" during aerotow. Then I'm circling around the start pole taking pictures (monitor 1) with port wing and base of pole clearly in the picture. Circle probably 4 times with 100 pictures. Would send you flt and bmp/jpg but attachments not allowed.

EDB
Location: The Netherlands, Europe Continent, Earth Planet, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Super Cluster

Post by EDB » Thu Apr 16, 2020 1:51 am

Try Google Drive or DropBox.

MrHerisson

Post by MrHerisson » Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:09 am

Rickyard wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:49 pm
Thanks EDB. I believe I've done all that. I get "The race is on" during aerotow. Then I'm circling around the start pole taking pictures (monitor 1) with port wing and base of pole clearly in the picture. Circle probably 4 times with 100 pictures. Would send you flt and bmp/jpg but attachments not allowed.
Multiple monitors do cause problems for this kind of thing...try with only one screen.

Rickyard

Post by Rickyard » Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:28 pm

I just tried again with just one monitor as suggested. I did EXACTLY the same as previous flights and it worked. Whilst pleased that I now have my silver it does mean I'll have to invest in a head tracker or VR set now as simply looking out of the window (side monitors) prevents the start from triggering. I get that I have to centre the wing and pole in monitor #1 for the photo but not that I have to turn off the other monitors completely. Oh well.

Thanks for the suggestion.