Multiplayer cannot connect

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

Redsands

Multiplayer cannot connect

Post by Redsands » Tue Jan 10, 2023 8:26 am

Hi there

I have an issue connecting to multiplayer, it will not work for any reason and the error isn't helping me.

This is the error I get immediately as I try to connect.

Code: Select all

UB DirectPlay8 Error:
Function: TDPClient.Start -> CoCreateInstance (DirectPlay8ThreadPool)
Resolved Error-String: Unrecognized error
Error Number: $80070005
These are the things I have tried.
1. DirectX reinstall and patch (this is DirectX12 on Windows 10)
2. Direct wired connection to the router (avoiding Killer(R) Wi-Fi 6E AX1675x 160Mhz Wireless Network Adapter)
3. Reinstalled Condor2 (uninstall and reinstall, also uninstall, delete all Condor2 registry entries, delete all Condor2 files etc.. then reinstall)

My Condor2 is installed in the default location C:\Condor2

Can I please ask for some help on this, there are no ports blocked on my Synology Router, besides, this seems to crash before even trying a network connection. If anyone else has had this problem and managed to resolve.

Many thanks

Ryan

Rotareneg

Re: Multiplayer cannot connect

Post by Rotareneg » Fri Jan 13, 2023 10:31 pm

You might double check that DirectPlay is installed in Windows: Settings -> Apps -> Optional Features -> More Windows Features (on the bottom of the page) -> Legacy Components -> DirectPlay

LukiASK23

Post by LukiASK23 » Sat Jan 14, 2023 6:23 pm

Hi,
I have the same problem. Offline I have no issues, also connecting to the server is no problem but when I enter the simulation it does not work for me unless no other players are already in the simulation. I tried a DirectX and Condor reinstall, it does not solve the problem for me. :(
Best regards

LukiASK23

Post by LukiASK23 » Sun Jan 15, 2023 4:02 pm

I could solve the issue, when I start Condor as administrator I don't have any issues to join a session anymore.

Redsands

Post by Redsands » Tue Jan 17, 2023 1:48 pm

@Rotareneg thank you heaps, this was the problem. I installed DirectPlay and everything worked perfectly.

So many thanks again, you rock!