Server disconnect after join in time - Multiplayer

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

Mike1

Server disconnect after join in time - Multiplayer

Post by Mike1 » Mon Jul 18, 2022 2:53 am

Hi there!
I'm participating on the "CIAC 2022" - Argentina Winter Virtual Championship and after 4 consecutive flying days I'm experiencing the same issue. I join normally and after flying during the join-in period, the server is disconnected. The rest of the 50 people continue flying normally, going to the race-in window.
I reinstalled everything and even I tried to run in a different laptop (no antivirus active nor firewalls).
Is it possible with a bug with my user?
Very frustrating because I lost all oportuninties this year on the championship.
I've flying this championships since 3 years now with no issues.
Thanks,

Rotareneg

Re: Server disconnect after join in time - Multiplayer

Post by Rotareneg » Mon Jul 18, 2022 7:36 pm

I've had a similar issue on occasion with the Tchin-Tchin servers, I think the problem happens when you've got a tiny bit of intermittent packet loss that happens to drop some critical packet that causes Condor to drop the connection.

The cause could be anything from something you might be able to fix, like other people at home using too much bandwidth on your connection or congested WiFi, to something you have no control over, like some node on the internet along the route from you to the server that's just a bit overloaded and is dropping packets, which is what I think has been happening in my case.