Starting A Task in Free Flight

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

JLN

Re: Starting A Task in Free Flight

Post by JLN » Fri Mar 18, 2022 11:57 am

Hello,
Are you sure, Paul ?
I thought that condor club refused all flight tracks when a condition was changed.
In this particular case, some pilots have a very long delay before start (23mn ) and the other 1 mn.
But a lot of pilots who had 1 mn delay could wait 23 mn in the flight.
So I think there is another explanation.
I also think that in this case the results are severely distorted for those who had only 1 real minut...
If the delay before start is changed the starting point height should be limited to the winch height....

Regards

Paul_UK

Re: Starting A Task in Free Flight

Post by Paul_UK » Fri Mar 18, 2022 3:14 pm

I too thought the case was exactly as you said. So I downloaded the flight, which as default has a 1min RACE IN time. I altered the RACE IN time to 2mins, flew through the start and TP1. I uploaded my track no problem and you can clearly see here https://www.condor.club/analysis/0/?rank=907664 that my 'Delay before race start' time is 2mins, the value I adjusted it to.

Off the back of that I posted up viewtopic.php?f=34&p=178660#p178660 asking whether this should be allowed as like I said I thought you shouldn't be able to do this.
2018 - Silver Badge complete - Forgot I could claim for the 100km diploma flying an out and return :oops:
2019 - Get up to speed and aim for a 300km task?! maybe.....