Cannot restart task after using engine

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

Rotareneg

Cannot restart task after using engine

Post by Rotareneg » Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:16 pm

Not sure if this is working as intended or not, but: If you use the engine after starting a task you cannot restart the task after returning to the start sector unless you land and use the "restart" option on the escape key menu if flying online or just quitting and reflying if you're offline. Altitude did not matter, I tested by staying well below the max tow height for the entire flight and was still unable to restart without landing first. I tested this on Slovenia with the DG808 and Stemme.

I also noticed there were no more "So-and-so started their engine" messages after post-start engine usage has blocked the restart, as if Condor didn't recognize the engine being stopped after the engine use that terminated the current flight.

Joost2

Re: Cannot restart task after using engine

Post by Joost2 » Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:27 pm

Sounds as intended behaviour to me. Otherwise you could have flown to a good place to gain height by motor and then have a good hight to start.
Once you have used the engine and are not able to restart without landing, the message you start your engine is of no more use either.

wickid

Re: Cannot restart task after using engine

Post by wickid » Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:13 pm

This is correct as per FAI rule. You are scored as landed out until you restart after a safe landing at the start airfield.

7.3.2 b of annex A of the FAI sporting code gliding
PH-1504, KOE