TP Azimuth in FPL

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

Paul_UK

TP Azimuth in FPL

Post by Paul_UK » Tue Jan 18, 2022 8:01 am

I was asked recently if the direction the TP quadrant sits central on can be altered. I thought not but I noticed in the FPL file there is TPAzimuth as a variable.

I tried adjusting this to 45, 90 etc expecting to see the orientation of the TP quadrant move however it doesn't appear to do anything. Am I missing something or does this variable simply not work as I think it should?

Cheers
2018 - Silver Badge complete - Forgot I could claim for the 100km diploma flying an out and return :oops:
2019 - Get up to speed and aim for a 300km task?! maybe.....

Bre901

Re: TP Azimuth in FPL

Post by Bre901 » Tue Jan 18, 2022 8:39 am

As far as I remember, this variable is only used for window-type turnpoints (which I definitely do not use for the tasks I make)

Width and height are used as such for window-type turnpoints, and are used for respectively min and max altitudes for normal turnpoints
CN: MPT — CondorUTill webpage: https://condorutill.fr/

Paul_UK

Re: TP Azimuth in FPL

Post by Paul_UK » Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:54 am

Thanks Bre, that'd make sense and yes you can change the azimuth of a window type turnpoint.

Maybe I'll ask for that option with normal TP quadrants too in Cobdor 3. I was asked as someone wanted to set a large quadrant for an AAT but at a different angle to what Condor has set as default. Low priority stuff that'd be though I'd think as it's not often task creators would use it.
2018 - Silver Badge complete - Forgot I could claim for the 100km diploma flying an out and return :oops:
2019 - Get up to speed and aim for a 300km task?! maybe.....