No sound when using TS

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

mauheb

No sound when using TS

Post by mauheb » Sat Jan 01, 2022 12:54 pm

Hi everybody,

Lately when I use TS while playing Condor the sound in Condor stops working. As soon as I closed TS the sound in Condor would work again. I tried playing around with TS's settings as wel as my laptop, but without success.

The problem first happened to me about 2 months ago. I've never had this happen in the previous years until recently. The problem does not occur when I use Discord.

Anyone knows a fix?

Thanks
Maurits Hebels - (033)

Re: No sound when using TS

Post by 6266 » Wed Aug 16, 2023 12:52 pm

Unfortunately I can't really help, but I can say that I don't have that problem. I have sound in Condor while using Discord. I always start Discord first, then Condor.

Long ago I used TS (only one time) without problem.

If you want to see some settings, I can look and post them
Visit https://www.baleit.no

Vintage Series 24, The Journey
24 landscapes with free available textures, newest: AlpsE

Discord https://discord.gg/bAXJaRT6ZC

Paul_UK

Post by Paul_UK » Wed Aug 16, 2023 1:15 pm

Are you flying in Condor in windowed mode?

I'm not sure whether that could cause the situation however maybe if Condor is set to windowed mode and you use TS focus changes from the Condor window to the TS window.

If you do have Condor in windowed mode try it set to 'Full Screen' and see if that resolves the issues.

I can use Condor with either TS or Discord and have no issues.
2018 - Silver Badge complete - Forgot I could claim for the 100km diploma flying an out and return :oops:
2019 - Get up to speed and aim for a 300km task?! maybe.....

EDB
Location: The Netherlands, Europe Continent, Earth Planet, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Super Cluster

Post by EDB » Wed Aug 16, 2023 9:15 pm

Condor uses the default Windows sound.
If you have this also configured in other programs, you can highjack the output. This can happen both ways, depending on which was first.

I can't remember ever having a problem with it.

In TS you configure your headset, or mic and speakers, not default Windows.

Mattze

Post by Mattze » Fri Aug 25, 2023 12:26 pm

Thank you everybody for the quick replies.

I tried the full-screen mode, but it didn't help.

Using two different sound devices for audio actually helped. I have Condor on external speakers and the radio on a headset. Not perfect, but more or less viable for now.

I believe the problem arises from Condor trying to exclusively allocate the sound devices and/or streams in Windows. I contacted the support and proposed a change request to tackle this problem.

DanD

Post by DanD » Tue Aug 29, 2023 2:14 am

You might try using ALT-TAB, then clicking on the Condor window to come back in. That usually cures audio problems for me; sometimes the audio goes to the wrong window, you remind Windows where it is. Also works if your controls stop working.

2D