Undocumented Features/Commands

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

NaderFam

Undocumented Features/Commands

Post by NaderFam » Thu Jul 01, 2021 7:07 pm

I have lost the sound in Condor 2. I had installed CoTASA and it worked fine and still has sound. So, probably it has altered any settings. But I know that it used the default sound channel in Windows. What caused the sound to disappear?

I am sure there are many undocumented key combinations that do such things. For example I discovered by chance that holding the CTRL key while pressing the "cockpit view" key cycles between various views, with and without the instrument panel, and even with no yaw string.

Is there somewhere on this forum, or anywhere else for that matter, where such key combinations are listed. It would be great to share that, as I wait a few more days to hear back from tech support if there there is a key that has silenced condor. All other applications tested are working OK.

There is for example a mention of "toggle sound in game" on the page about setting up sound. But no mention as to how. So, it is not odd to expect such keys to be available for that and other features and command.

wickid

Re: Undocumented Features/Commands

Post by wickid » Thu Jul 01, 2021 7:27 pm

https://www.condorsoaring.com/manual_en/

All key combinations are listed in appendix 1 including crtl-F1 and for example Shift-D to show FPS.

There is no mute sound button other than [ and ] to adjust the vario volume. Check that you have you default sound device set in windows. That is what condor sends the sound too. Maybe it is set to some HDMI or soundport that isn't plugged in.
PH-1504, KOE

NaderFam

Post by NaderFam » Fri Jul 02, 2021 10:45 pm

Thanks for the information.

As I mentioned, all other applications, including CoTASA produce sound to which ever default output I've set for sound settings in Windows.

The sound disappears often after a pause of quarter of an hour or so, as mentioned by several others in this forum.

The toggles I refer to is suggested on this page of the manual:

Setting up the sounds

Sound
Toggle in game sound (useful for debugging)

3D Sound
Toggle in game 3D sound (useful for debugging)

Vario off when negative
Variometer beeps only in lift
Master volume
Affects volume of all sounds in the game
Effects volume
Affects in-game effects volume
Vario volume
Affects variometer volume (can also be adjusted in game)

I am not sure what "in game sound" means? Toggle before you start the game or "in game"? Perhaps it is differently worded in other languages but it is not clear in English. That is why I thought there was possibly a key for that toggle while you are in the game.

Anyhow, the sound issue is not unique to my installation. There are posts in the forum by others about No Sound. I didn't see a reply to those post so, I tried again.

EDB
Location: The Netherlands, Europe Continent, Earth Planet, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Super Cluster

Post by EDB » Fri Jul 02, 2021 11:03 pm

They mean the sound when you are in the glider.

But as far as I know there are no buttons to toggle in flight. You have to toggle in Setup.

Condor uses the Default Audio Device in Windows.