Bluescreen while spectator joins?

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

TimKuijpers

Bluescreen while spectator joins?

Post by TimKuijpers » Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:04 am

Hi all,

Just this evening after finishing the task (still some people out on task) M.DGTFER connected as a spectator.
I assume that when he joined the session it went wrong
NetPlayer connected: M.DGTFER.
Landscape refresh stopped at 23:26:44.
Client.CreateNewNetPlayer at 23:26:58: LoadPlaneDataFromFile: File does not exist..
It seems that the whole server crashed as well, as I couldn't find it on the serverlist anymore.
Would be interesting know what errors others got?
Think positive, flaps negative.

dgtfer

Re: Bluescreen while spectator joins?

Post by dgtfer » Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:30 am

Oh, I'm sorry about that! Yes, I tried to connect but after everything seemed to load normally, the condor flight window just disappeared and went back to the opening window. It's probably because I have beta versions of gliders for tests that haven't been recognized by the server.

TimKuijpers

Post by TimKuijpers » Sat Dec 12, 2020 2:32 pm

Maybe this can be considered a bug? Oxo, Uros?

It cannot be right that when 1 person modifies his files (purposely or by accident) and then all clients on the server AND the server crashes :?
Why not like when modified landscape files are detected the client that has the wrong files simply gets kicked?

Anyways, it now makes sense at least.

dgtfer

Post by dgtfer » Sat Dec 12, 2020 3:58 pm

This bug is probably as old as Spectate, but the only way for the moment to avoid it is to ensure that your server is updated with the last version of Hangar Update. And of course, Beta testers must be careful when trying to join in spectate mode so a beta plane is not selected. And I really want to express again my most sincere apologies...

wickid

Post by wickid » Sat Dec 12, 2020 4:18 pm

We tested it. It does not happen when the server is up to date and somebody modifies the plane files. The person joining will get kicked with "modified plane data" detected.

The bug is only present when somebody with HU17 installed joins as spectator with a plane that is in HU17 on a server without HU17 installed.
PH-1504, KOE

TimKuijpers

Post by TimKuijpers » Sun Dec 13, 2020 12:58 am

wickid wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 4:18 pm
The bug is only present when somebody with HU17 installed joins as spectator with a plane that is in HU17 on a server without HU17 installed.
Thanks Wiek, indeed not much of a bug then.